Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:ugh2:

lmao.... its a 94 camaro .. I'm in the process of getting it ready to be mini tubbed and to fab up my 25.5 cage.... :1poke: its gonna be powered by a chevy smallblock :hide: either that or this 572 big block we have sitting here will go in it with a 106 mm turbo...I havent decided yet, the big block will probably go in my fathers car...

heres what it looked like just a week ago..

jay :rofl:

·
FAITH
604 Posts
Well if you're gonna downgrade, you might as well do it big.

At least it fits your goals better than the Supra would.

-Khader

·
Homer Simpson
1,537 Posts
Khader K. said:
Well if you're gonna downgrade, you might as well do it big.

At least it fits your goals better than the Supra would.

-Khader
Its not a downgrade, its a totally diffrent platform. Going from an all around street car to a full fledged drag racing car...

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
user123 said:
Going from an all around street car to a full fledged drag racing car...

dare you say such a thing.... this car will see just as much street time as my supra did, it will just get shittier gas mileage :) anything we build(my father and I) for ourselves has to have the ability to actually be driven.. even if this bitch has 14-1 compression, I'll fill it up with race gas just like my supra and drive it..lol..

no doubt though, it is gonna be hard for me to get used to sitting in the staging lanes with no a/c in the warmer months... between passes I would sit in my supra with the a/c on and turn it off right before i did my burnout..lol...

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve Theodore said:
Keep us posted Jay! :bigthumb:
steve, I'm trying to have this damn car @ 3klbs or under race ready with a stock appearing interior :1poke: I almost took the power windows out and swapped to manual, but i just could'nt bring myself to do it..lmao..

its funny how a car thats 75 % plastic can weigh so much... everything on this car is plastic from the factory...doors,hatch,the whole nose(minus the hood).... :ugh2:

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well my lazy ass finally did something to this thing...made my chute mount,mini tubbed it, dug through the wiring and painted the engine bay black.... oh and cut the cowl back to the windshield so i can get my carb on anf off the damn engine once its in..lol.. f-bodies and there silly engine placement half under the windshield...

chute mount...

engine bay..

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

its was fitted for a 29.5X 10.5 W tire but i can go a little bigger if i want... I have a set of m&h 325 drag radials I'm putting on it though....

now its time for the fun stuff(when I get a chance) starting my cage....

jay

·
FAITH
604 Posts
user123 said:
Its not a downgrade, its a totally diffrent platform. Going from an all around street car to a full fledged drag racing car...
By downgrade I meant from a higher quality more expensive car to a lower quality cheaper car.

It was not a negative post. I was congratulating him on being smart and buying something that suits his needs better.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Any updates? Im about to start similar chassis work to my lexus, so im interested in seeing how its going. Also why do people think a tubbed car is a full drag car? Im back halfing my car and it will see more street than track time.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
at one point I was thinking of doing that but building a car for the circuit -- just to screw with people around here (~90% non-US cars on the track).

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BreakNeck said:
Any updates? Im about to start similar chassis work to my lexus, so im interested in seeing how its going. Also why do people think a tubbed car is a full drag car? Im back halfing my car and it will see more street than track time.
exactly, camaro certed to 25-2 it is still streetable,p/w,radio,all lights,[jays new car] my car is a 25-5 buick full car and driven,

here,s some picts of my buick

bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts