Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea so I just started my car for a bit than shout it off and i took the cap of the radiator and there was brown shit every where and my car has bin runing really funny latey.so all i want to know is whats the best websites to get a o.e.m. headgasket or after market.also were should I get my A.R.P. head studs if i get them.

I would like hear from people who have had first hand experience.And also whats the best H/G to go with.

p.s. I think it could be the thermostat but i'm not to sure

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Yeah man you should probably look into it more. Do a compression test and a block test. That should tell you a bit more bout your headgasket. The brown shit could just be 20 years of sludge building up in the coolant system.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
If your car is running like utter crap, it is overheating even after you replace the thermostat/rad cap, then yes you may have a bhg.

HKS mhg, rebuilt head, and five years later my car still runs like a beast.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your car is running like utter crap, it is overheating even after you replace the thermostat/rad cap, then yes you may have a bhg.

HKS mhg, rebuilt head, and five years later my car still runs like a beast.
well it dosent show that I'm over heating and the car isnt even on the road so it just runs about 10 minutes a day and every now and than I let it run for about a half hour or it go's around the block every now and than.

well to rebuild a head is gana coast me money I don't have.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Y.....i took the cap of the radiator and there was brown shit every where and my car has bin runing really funny latey.....

.....p.s. I think it could be the thermostat but i'm not to sure
Jumping to conclusions is a sign of need for knowledge..

Time for an Automotive 101 course since you've assumed BHG from brown shi+ in the rad & running funny.

1] Pull spark plugs, look for irregularity- IE, wet or very clean plug, relative to the majority.

2] If item #1 indicates, do a compression test.

3] If compression test results are inconclusive or indicate additional diagnostics, test for combustion leak by using: SnapOn Tester, Combustion Leak, Stock#: GDCT16 SnapOn Link

Don't think you have a BHG, KNOW. Knowledge is power...time to go get some.

Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jumping to conclusions is a sign of need for knowledge..

Time for an Automotive 101 course since you've assumed BHG from brown shi+ in the rad & running funny.

1] Pull spark plugs, look for irregularity- IE, wet or very clean plug, relative to the majority.

2] If item #1 indicates, do a compression test.

3] If compression test results are inconclusive or indicate additional diagnostics, test for combustion leak by using: SnapOn Tester, Combustion Leak, Stock#: GDCT16 SnapOn Link

Don't think you have a BHG, KNOW. Knowledge is power...time to go get some.

Good luck.

Thank you for the good pointersi have a good idea about cars/motors but have more to lern like anyone esle and hey thats what the forums is for.Also the only reson i got a little jumpy was supras are new to me and all i hear from everybody is "my head gasket blew" and as i read more and more threads thats all I see.But think you any ways.When u get some time I will be checking all of tho's things out and I do have a compression tester at my school so I could check.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i personally have used the titan motor sports 1.2mm metal head gasket with arp studs and a milled head, i also relapped the valves myself . it was pretty much the best $300 i have ever spent on the car just having the secure feeling of all the work you dont have to worry about for a long time

also i sent tms a thank you letter and received 3 shirts, a bunch of stickers, license plate frame and key chains. they really appreciate there customers and they have good service.

-steven

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i personally have used the titan motor sports 1.2mm metal head gasket with arp studs and a milled head, i also relapped the valves myself . it was pretty much the best $300 i have ever spent on the car just having the secure feeling of all the work you dont have to worry about for a long time

also i sent tms a thank you letter and received 3 shirts, a bunch of stickers, license plate frame and key chains. they really appreciate there customers and they have good service.

-steven
I might do a set up like that soon becasue I'm going to school in PA next year and i don't want to keep working on it

·
Banned
58 Posts
wow....

ok first of all if u have a BHG u should check under your oil cap, any sign of water then yes BHG. itll look like mocha, coffee or whatever check if your overheating also. if u want a good head gasket go for hks MHG 1.2mm. get ARP head bolts while your added. remember mkiii are the notorious of BHG.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I might do a set up like that soon becasue I'm going to school in PA next year and i don't want to keep working on it
thats why i did the tms metal head gasket, its cheaper and is used in all of there race car applications. to me personally i think it is better then the hks. and i go to high school from 8-330 then work from 5-10 so have no time to work on the car really

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats why i did the tms metal head gasket, its cheaper and is used in all of there race car applications. to me personally i think it is better then the hks. and i go to high school from 8-330 then work from 5-10 so have no time to work on the car really
I hear a lot of good things about the hks mhg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts