Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive realized that the only way to have a supra the way I want it, and to last as long as I want, on my budget, I am going to have to do it myself. I want a shell to strip down, paint, replace any shoddy body parts, get a clean interior, and swap in a 1jz. I will do all the work except the paint spray. Ive got 7 months, during the week but I work full time.

So what are the chances of finding an 89+, hardtop shell, NO rust, reasonably few dents, and preferably low mileage(so suspension etc. isnt worn out) in vancouver, or within a 4 hour drive?

I see so many excellent candidate shells on the forum, but they are all deep into the states. When a shell is often much less than a grand, you spend double the cost of the shell in shipping, which makes me :(.

Any suggestions on finding something close?

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Good luck.... I would just pick up a JDM right hand drive 1JZ car, there are a few places that import them, you could probably find one for $7000- 12000 cad. It will cost you alot less than building the car from scratch.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked into that, actually sw20 mr2's especially. But, when you do all of your own work, things are cheap :).

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
I assume you are looking thru Buy&Sell. How many '89 Supras have you seen lately or even within last 6 months for under $3000?

So now you can estimate your chances. And btw it's summer time so you better of winning a lottery or something.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Yes I have bin looking for one for the last few weeks and nothing. I'm looking at getting a Soarer now from Japan and swapping all my parts onto that.

Jeremy

·
Scratching and Sniffing
2,849 Posts
Turbo Drifter said:
Yes I have bin looking for one for the last few weeks and nothing. I'm looking at getting a Soarer now from Japan and swapping all my parts onto that.

Jeremy
The Soarers look cool, but a right hand drive car on left hand drive streets sucks the bone imho.. Just my personal preference.

:dunno:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VanSupra said:
The Soarers look cool, but a right hand drive car on left hand drive streets sucks the bone imho.. Just my personal preference.

:dunno:
your only 3 feet over... I personally dont think it would make much difference. I have heard others that have RHD's say the same. Anyway, it would make it easier to blast by people on the right!

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have a 87 hardtop in ottawa i want to sell.
bought it for the tranny and it has a blown engine.
very minimal rust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts