Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got everything total (motor, trans, ecu, harness, intercooler and mounts) for $990 shipped!!

The engine is a Jspec 4agze with 8.9:1 compression.

Got the motor from JDM ADDICTION down in Florida.

I also have a Garrett T28 that I have have for quite awhile now. Might as well strip off the supercharger and toss on the turbo. (kill two birds with one stone). Have heard great rumors that the Garrett T28 gives very good response from 3200rpm all the way to redline.

The GZE could take a lot of hammering. It was successfully proven to run with 28psi on stock internals without any fuss BTW a proper fuel system is adequate for the job.

Arias Forged Racing Pistons should be arriving any day now and last week I purchased a walbro 255lph fuel pump and a turbonetics wastegate (used) from my friend. As for the intercooler I bought one off of ebay for the golf that I sold so Ill be using that. I believe the core was around 19x7x3 inches.

As you all remember I use to drive a modded TT that was stolen last year. I got what I paid for it and was given a *mint* Regatta Blue Pearl 88 Corolla sedan by my uncle (Out of pity I guess) with only 29,000 miles on the clock. Since I got the car a 1 1/2 years ago I managed to put 10,000 miles on it. I have quite possibly the lowest mileage 88 Corolla in Chicago. Anyways since im using most of the money I got from insurance for college (you all convinced me to go) im in no need for a nice car.....Just a really quick DD. :D

The main problem im going to have with the car is the wiring and the auto-manual conversion. Maybe I can take the car to SP for that?

Anyways im pretty stoked about the project.
Thoughts, opinions.

·
Registered
648 Posts
any time i see a motor coming out of a shipping crate, it looks like a pile of junk. then it gets installed and cleaned up and it looks like it belongs. good luck w/ the project. :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Ever consider doing a twin charger (also known as the over-under) and keep the supercharger on while boosting the higher levels with the turbo?

BTW: Good luck with the project. Looks like you're going to have fun once that gets completed!

Regards,
James R

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supra GTR said:
Ever consider doing a twin charger (also known as the over-under) and keep the supercharger on while boosting the higher levels with the turbo?

BTW: Good luck with the project. Looks like you're going to have fun once that gets completed!

Regards,
James R
Got any pics of this?

I think I saw a 1st gen mr2 in sport ocmpact with the setup. Kept the stock supercharger but turboed it. Heard it was pretty insane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts