Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was stopped at a green waiting to make a left turn on a two way street, some maniac going about 20-30mph rear ends me with a ford pick up i see he totally took out my passenger side tail light , cracked my wing ,cracked my rear bumper and then some, also left a huge dent starting from the beginning of my passenger side tail light to the gas door, and my 89 was still drivable but i then saw a anti-lock light on, which i never had before , now i know i can just replace all the parts that were damaged as well as the dent but as for anti-lock to heal and go away that i dont some one please help me and notify what other internal parts may have been damaged , thank you

·
4,655 Posts
theres a sensor for the wheel. Not sure where it is, someone will tell you.

They're in the tranny. But check for codes using post #4

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
take some pics and post em up.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
YIKES!
it already rusted that much...dang.
Well i hope you called the cops. What about insurance?
are those rims? or just steelies...:lol: i cant tell

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
looks like steelies...

I woulda whipped someone's ass if they did that to my car...

·
Registered
471 Posts
sorry man. that sucks. Keep posting on what parts you need, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a few supras laying around :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah its really bad

yeah those are my crap rims I had since the winter , I was planning on changing back to my lexus Is300 rims when the weather gets nice over here, as for insurance, yeah he was at total fault over here his insurance company is willing to take my car for a total loss valued at 2300, also get to keep the car as well, what do u guys think ? is that a good offer? and I already purchased the wing/tailight, but as for a rear bumper idk if the dudes at my car repair shop can bring that back to life -Realness

·
Registered
439 Posts
Can someone explain me how the insurance system works in USA?, I keep seeing post about people in supras hit by someone and have all kinds of trouble.

In Spain you have an accident and both sides have clear what happend you exchange license plate numbers telephone numbers, Insurance companies, insurance policy number and you take your car to the shop to get it fix with no charge on the car that received the damage.

If you have a 3º cover, its called like that you are insured for any damage you make, but you pay your own, if you are not the fault of the accident your car gets repaired at no cost.

Full insurance means that whoever had the fault of the accident you car gets fixed

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very similar

Yeah USA has the same type of policy with insurance but a little different if the repair cost is more than the value of the car, they just buy the car off of you, usually they take the car from you and u can buy it back for a couple of hundred , and in some cases u get to keep the car as well as the value of the car, but this takes place in all no-fault accidents such as mine, if you get rear ended its always the other guys fault..

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
im really sorry about that, looked like a clean car, repair it and keep it on the road.
As for the electrical / mechanical issues look to the tsrm.
~scott

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanxx

THankss yeah it was kept in close to mint condition , my car only had 1 owner and i bought it off of him here is my car in the summer time

will check tsrm -Realness

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
But in the US, even though it is the law that you must have insurance, chances of being hit by someone that does not have insurance is great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just remember that if you take that money from the insurance company, the car will be seen as a totaled car and depending on your state, might even have a salvaged title.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts