Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Daddy Dwayne Guthridge is back with a vengance running 7.781 @191mph on 325 BFG DRs during a quick 8 event at Cecil county yesterday... That is the quickest/fastest pass ever on a 325 and they expect it to run 196mph when the bugs are worked out with this new combination that only has 3 passes on it....

Knew it was only a matter of time.... Hopefully Paul and crew is up to the challenge and will take the title back.. Before anybody flames me I am still more impressed by the Supra just figured I'd bring some people up to date on current events in the DR world :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bahraini_zupra said:
paul won on the street radial not drag radial duhh ! hes still the fastest !
LOL you are obviously misunderstood they can call it a street radial, but it is a drag radial and Paul runs on the same tire!!!

Hopefully Paul will chime in or somebody better informed...

EDIT- Here is a quote from the last thread Paul posted just so you get the point~

8SECY2K said:
DWAYNE HAS BEEN 8.05 @ 181 ON A 325/ 50/ 15 WE ARE CURENTLLY THE WORLDS QUICKEST AND FASTEST ON A BFG DRAG RADIAL .

PAUL @ MSP
MSPRACING.NET
Notice there he didn't state "we are the quickest and fastest on a BFG street radial"

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
86brick said:
Big Daddy Dwayne Guthridge is back with a vengance running 7.781 @191mph on 325 BFG DRs during a quick 8 event at Cecil county yesterday... That is the quickest/fastest pass ever on a 325 and they expect it to run 196mph when the bugs are worked out with this new combination that only has 3 passes on it....

Knew it was only a matter of time.... Hopefully Paul and crew is up to the challenge and will take the title back.. Before anybody flames me I am still more impressed by the Supra just figured I'd bring some people up to date on current events in the DR world :)
Congrats to Dwayne, but did you honestly expect most of us to believe you that you wanted to "bring some people up to date on current events" with a topic title like "So much for Paul Efantis being the fastest on BFG DRs.. "?? If that was your intention, the topic could have been written differently... for example, "1/4 mile record on a drag radial broken"

Just my .02

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
86brick is cool, he posts Supra updates at Turbobuick.com all the time. No need for panties to get all wadded up. :)

Big Daddy put down a big number. I hope Paul steps it up, I'd like to see the title back here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
actually it was a 325 MT , he was testing his outlaw setup. But still very very impressive . But dont worrie guys new things are coming the supra will Prevail..

Paul @MSP

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
8SECY2K said:
actually it was a 325 MT , he was testing his outlaw setup. But still very very impressive . But dont worrie guys new things are coming the supra will Prevail..

Paul @MSP
You're correct just saw it was posted that he was indeed on the 325 MTs.... Well I guess the record for 325 BFGs still stands..... Kinda weird because I was told he planned on running FFW???

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boostrush said:
Congrats to Dwayne, but did you honestly expect most of us to believe you that you wanted to "bring some people up to date on current events" with a topic title like "So much for Paul Efantis being the fastest on BFG DRs.. "?? If that was your intention, the topic could have been written differently... for example, "1/4 mile record on a drag radial broken"

Just my .02

Well you're right to a certain extent, however, the last time when I quoted some domestic DR times several were quick to call me a hater without even giving me a chance so I figured I'd go fishing this time :)

As Lagtime posted I do my fair share of posting about the Supras on TB.com and am always quite impressed by the performance these cars have attained...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Olmytsi said:
I can't believe you were taken out by that rx7 fb today...i was pissed lol.
Its because they limit the turbo size Paul can run. Otherwise he would have won easily.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
8SECY2K said:

Paul @MSP

and from what i heard wheelie bars were on the car.. people are saying he had the bfg stickers on his car covered with black tape..lmao...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jaynite said:
and from what i heard wheelie bars were on the car.. people are saying he had the bfg stickers on his car covered with black tape..lmao...
Can't blame BD for running the MT DRs on the car if he is getting ready for an Outlaw event like WFC where everybody will be running them... I believe they (BFG) will allow him to run whatever tire he wants at the Outlaw events or during testing... As far as the "sissy" bars that is another issue..

He will need to step it up for the Outlaw events because I know one car that has already run 7.60's on the 315/60 MTs and now that car has a 427ci SBF with twin GT47 88's! I believe this year we will see a car run 7.40's @ near 200 MPH on the MTs! :eek3:

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
86brick said:
Can't blame BD for running the MT DRs on the car if he is getting ready for an Outlaw event like WFC where everybody will be running them... I believe they (BFG) will allow him to run whatever tire he wants at the Outlaw events or during testing... As far as the "sissy" bars that is another issue..

He will need to step it up for the Outlaw events because I know one car that has already run 7.60's on the 315/60 MTs and now that car has a 427ci SBF with twin GT47 88's! I believe this year we will see a car run 7.40's @ near 200 MPH on the MTs! :eek3:

as far as outlaw stuff, i'm waiting to see who can top wolfe...7.50'[email protected] + @ 3400lb race weight :eek4dance :barf:

jay

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jaynite said:
as far as outlaw stuff, i'm waiting to see who can top wolfe...7.50'[email protected] + @ 3400lb race weight :eek4dance :barf:

jay
Well this car is 3500lbs and has been 7.67 @193mph with a single 106mm turbo....
http://www.bridgeracing.com/mills.htm

Now with the twins I'd say they will run 200 MPH when they figure out how to put the power to the ground.... If they bring it to my local track (Bradenton) where Wolfe ran his 7.53 and this car ran 7.67 pass I believe we will see 7.40's @200 no problem!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
prdtr15 said:
damn, im in love with that mustang!
This mustang has had a LOT of money put in it over the last few years from when Dennis Bailey at BB&T Racing owned it then Shannon Wren and now Jim Mills... With the current combination it should be the baddest boy on the block period! We will see how it does next weekend at WFC9 www.worldfordchallenge.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts