Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss is a total domestic gearhead. He owns over a dozen corvettes and a bunch of other shit.

We got to talking about imports and I told him about the power a little 3 litre inline six can make and he kinda laughed like I was full of it.

Anyone know a decent web page that briefly shows what a fairly stock internaled 2JZ is capable of? I'd like some videos and dynographs too (he said "Oh it may make 700hp, but my XXX makes 700 horsepower AND torque").

Help me prove him wrong.

Thx.

P.S. I don't own a supra. I have a buddy who does and my post count is pretty low because I dont come out of OffTopic too much.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
How about you just leave me your mailing address and I will make a DVD for you to show your boss. That will really show him, RAWR!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Have your boss in his fastest vette race a high hp supra in your area.

Then, get it on video.

Last, post it up so everyone can laugh.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Weather your boss is a domestic lover or not he should know about the power a Supra is capable of just by being a car guy. I mean for christ sake you see them racing Vettes and Vipers all the damn time at the drag strips. Your boss simply put is not a true car guy. Im mainly an import guy but Ill be damned if I dont recognize what cars have the most potential to make high HP

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Tell your boss I'm sorry he has so many vettes and if there is upper management above him I would seriously question my decision for giving him an authoritative position knowing he has a car I would never want to own, and its also sad how a 97 C5 with lower miles than a 97 TT supra goes for less................

and this is coming from a guy who has a domestic :)

www.t04r.com is a pretty good place to start although it hasn't been updated in awhile

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Go find some of Peter B.'s old dyno's (905 and 958whp I believe) and/or Mike Carlin's 980whp 746-odd torque dyno. There are plenty of supras that make a ton of power on the stock bottom end.

If you want some more built motors (like pretty much any 700hp V8 he has will be) then go to www.sp-power.com and find Ken Henderson's article in the SP in the media (or something like that) section. It has 1000+ rwhp dynos on there. Or you can just print out the dyno sheets from the multiple 1000-1100rwhp cars that have been posting lately, all of which have had over 700rwtq.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hell if anything there has been several issues of SCC, Turbo, Super Street, etc..... with JZA80 Supras pushing quad digit HP. I remember an SCC issue awhile back that had 4 Supras 3 of which had quad digit HP and the 4th was pretty damn close at like 900 hp and some change on the stock bottom end. I dont know too many cars that can pull off 900hp on a stock bottom end.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
Collect any of the TX2K6 footage. I actually have lots of clips of cars dynoing and then Peter telling us what each car made, there were a few over 1000hp cars there.

Btw, your boss is an idiot

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Make sure you search and pull up Marko's famous 8.45sec 1/4 mile run in the white car. Be sure he sees the in-car view as well. That oughta fix him. :faint:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He lives in Cali and I'm in Minnesota....Setting up a race is pretty tough.

I showed him pictures of supras, and he has seen them around but knows nothing about them.

I'd make him a DVD, but he's so damn busy that he would never get a chance to watch it.....He's a big ferrari nut (owns 3, including a daytona spider) so 2 months ago I burned him a few Ferrari episodes from Top Gear and he still hasn't had a chance to watch em.

I'd really like to see a page with a fairly stock bottom end supra putting out good numbers....If the car is too modded he will say "Yeah but he's got more money to keep that little motor together than it would cost to build up a 350!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Josh M said:
Tell your boss I'm sorry he has so many vettes and if there is upper management above him I would seriously question my decision for giving him an authoritative position knowing he has a car I would never want to own, and its also sad how a 97 C5 with lower miles than a 97 TT supra goes for less................

www.t04r.com is a pretty good place to start although it hasn't been updated in awhile

He collects the old rare ones. I don't think he has anything from the 80s on in his vette collection.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Schnit said:
My boss is a total domestic gearhead. He owns over a dozen corvettes and a bunch of other shit.

Let him watch this video of Leh at Road Atlanta last month:

http://gscdownloads.com/supra/roada/GSCsupraroadATL.wmv

And remind him that that car wiped out everything (including 'Vettes) in the unlimited time trials both days! I watched it live. It is very fast!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Josh M said:

Josh, did you get the Viper from VIP??!!

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
Schnit said:

We got to talking about imports and I told him about the power a little 3 litre inline six can make and he kinda laughed like I was full of it.

Anyone know a decent web page that briefly shows what a fairly stock internaled 2JZ is capable of? I'd like some videos and dynographs too (he said "Oh it may make 700hp, but my XXX makes 700 horsepower AND torque").

Help me prove him wrong.

Thx.

P.S. I don't own a supra. I have a buddy who does and my post count is pretty low because I dont come out of OffTopic too much.

where are you in MN? I sure Jza71 wouldn't mind showin him his Dyno chart. It just a 2.5L with a bigh turbo. :bigthumb:

·
One wheeled junkie
312 Posts
yea put that mofo's job on the line and see how confident he is then, like say if i know a guy with a supra that can beat any of your cars i get a really big promo or i get your job, AHAHAHA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts