Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Interesting. Either it's not legal or they did special work to legalize it.

There were some R32 GT-R's at the track today. Unfortunately the drivers were quite slow. I passed one of them in the Volvo. :(

·
Tazer 14b > GT30R
180 Posts
Looks like I will have to make a roll through and see what all the hype is about over there. at $120k I would probably say that it's street legal.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Wow...only $120k? :wtflol:

At least it's titled and licensed so you could drive around. ;)

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Wow...only $120k? :wtflol:

At least it's titled and licensed so you could drive around. ;)
Your car is back up for sale again?!?!

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
quick said:
How much are you asking, Steve?
I heard it was sold already and that Mr SteveT was skulking around looking for his next ride! :1poke: :1poke: :1poke:

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
...always for sale! Don't you people realize that? ;)

Wow... you sure didn't hang onto that ZO6 for long. That was such a nice ZO6 you had Steve- too bad you're selling it now. :( :sadwavey:

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Interesting. Hope they hold the legal rights to do so based on Motorex's legal business where they sealed the information. :scratch:

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Red_Fire said:
Anyone know anything about it? no pics up yet

Click here

I noticed they also have a new 06 M5

Hi,
The car is owned by Jonathon of Do-Luck in Kent, WA. I viewed the car at his shop several months ago and was going to buy it, but upon contacting the DOT and NHSTA I discovered it had not completed all of the legalization steps.

So I helped him get the legalization paperwork straightened out with the NHSTA and DOT. Back when he first contacted me over 3 months ago, I was going to buy the car for a much lower price I'm still working with Jonathon to try and buy it, but as a favor for me placing him in contact with the folks to get the legalization straightented out, he has increased the price to me substantially... ;(

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Sorry to hear that Daniel, but I think the price increase was a bit predictable in terms of the car now being "legit" and hence more desireable. :(

Steve T.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Sorry to hear that Daniel, but I think the price increase was a bit predictable in terms of the car now being "legit" and hence more desireable. :(

Steve T.
Hi Steve,
you'd be correct about that, except he had priced it originally on the belief that it was legalized...LOL!

·
Probably at the track...
417 Posts
Well, for starters, that doesn't even appear to be a V-Spec II GT-R. If you're not familiar with R34 V-Spec/V-Spec II, here are a couple of things to recognize:

1. V-Spec II was offered in 2000 - This car is listed as '99
2. Hood has a small vent on the passenger side - This car does not
3. Clear markers in the front were offered on '00 + models - This car is listed as '99

This listing seems to be a little inaccurate. It should not be selling for close to $120,000. If it is truly legal, which makes it the first 100% legal R34 GT-R in the states, it could fetch $90,000 max. Only someone who has no sense with money would pay what they are asking. Just my opinion.

This is a real V-Spec II:

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Track Addict said:
Well, for starters, that doesn't even appear to be a V-Spec II GT-R. If you're not familiar with R34 V-Spec/V-Spec II, here are a couple of things to recognize:

1. V-Spec II was offered in 2000 - This car is listed as '99
2. Hood has a small vent on the passenger side - This car does not
3. Clear markers in the front were offered on '00 + models - This car is listed as '99

This listing seems to be a little inaccurate. It should not be selling for close to $120,000. If it is truly legal, which makes it the first 100% legal R34 GT-R in the states, it could fetch $90,000 max. Only someone who has no sense with money would pay what they are asking. Just my opinion.

Just to clarify--the car is legit. Some of the explanations to your points include:

The car started life as a 2001 model, which was the first year for the V-spec 2. Motorex had to legalize all R34's as 1999 models, just as many of the R33's were legalized as 1995 models. So the title and all paperwork lists the car as a 1999. Few people understand this fact... and I doubt anyone at Park Place does.

The original V-Spec 2 hood will not pass DOT, thus it had to be changed out to the original R34 hood as part of the legalization process. The paint on this car is far from perfect, but most of the Motorex cars have had paint work that is really poor quality and this car is no exception.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Daniel

·
Probably at the track...
417 Posts
So this is in fact the only legal R34 GT-R in the U.S. ? I don't understand how the V-Spec II bonnet could not comply with DOT regulations. It is basically the same as a Standard or V-Spec hood, but with the air duct.

So I'm assuming Jonathon went a separate route in his legalization process huh? I know there are only a handful of legal GT-R's in the U.S. as we speak, so this makes this car here quite the catch. Do you know if it was fitted with an OBD-II? I know that there were two R34's in the U.S. fitted with prototype OBD-II's, but hadn't completed the necessary testing to comply.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts