Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, since i went na-t i've been running without a oil cooler, but keep in mind the weather hasn't been hotter than 60f lately, but warmer weather is just around the corners. Here's my plans: i bought a rx-7 cooler but i found it to be too long for where i planned to put it and i don't want to buy a new IC just to mount it. I was then thinking i would go b&m cooler with t-stat but again was thinkin this might be slight overkill because of my style of driving. I very rarely beat on my car, maybe once a week i'll do sum sprited driving but nothing like i've seen other ppl do. So now i'm thinking i would run this smaller cooler http://store.summitracing.com/partd...&part=BMM-70265&N=700+400004+115&autoview=sku

without a t-stat. What do you guys think? My plans are 10psi tops since this is na-t so i don't have huge power goals like most of you. I just want a stock cooling system without having to use the stock restrictive setup.

·
4,627 Posts
With that oil cooler, and i assume you relocated the oil filter, You should be fine. I run the stocker, with 6 Quarts of 0W-20 Castrol or Mobil 1, now. I used to run 15W-50, lol. I also never beat on my car, and neighter does my dad, so i guess thats why i'm fine?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have a relocated oil filter, another concern would be during winter time, is this cooler small enough to not be able to cool the oil too cool in the winter, but large enough to keep the oil and a good oil temp in the summer. i guess that is the main question

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well stuff is ordered, i will try to keep u guys updated once installed

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well, to put it simply, anything's better than what you're running now. I'm no expert, but I think it'd be fine for your needs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts