Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode in a charity ride this past Sunday and they said we'd be doing 35 mph if THAT. So I figured what the hell I'd wear just my tank top since it was about 90F out. It was descent/slow ride, but that thought was still in the back of my mind, WHAT IF. :eek4dance

I sold all my summer gear last year and just have my leather jacket. I need to find a good summer jacket. What's everyone using for gear this summer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still have my San Jose Power Trip Jacket that I have to sell...

I wore it here last summer when it was 100+ out. The jacket was comfortable, well ventilated with armor and it only cost around $100.

I also liked the fact that it was white... very reflective at night

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
I use a Joe Rocket black mesh jacket...can't find the model on it, though. It was a little over $100. It's very comfortable and never gets hot. I even get cold during the summer when riding fast! :p And it protects pretty well...I wiped out on a curve because of some female asshole in an Eclipse...ended up in a ditch...and I didn't get a single scratch. Jacket took the (slight) damage!

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Yea, the mesh makes me nervious, I have always worn leather but just picked up this alpinestars jacket... its got some pretty serious armor, with a zip out linner... its been real warm on these cooler nights in new england, but I don't think it will be too hot in the summer

the grey is a flexy fabric that lets air come up the arms

·
Registered
370 Posts
Is mesh another material than textile? I heard textile jackets were decent in the hot weather, but protection wise, not as good as leather.

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Well, mesh is textile but with the holes for feeling cool, you know. It will not protect you from road rash. When I wiped out, I flew straight to the ditch, so I didn't have any asphalt-time...it did its job, though! :p If you wipe out on the road with mesh, it's going to disintegrate...along with your skin. It'll only protect you in the elbow area, shoulders, and lower back...where the pads are. Leather is the way to go for maximum protection. :bigthumb:

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Totally, my jacket saved my ass when I went down.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, mesh is different from textile. Mesh is a whole jacket that is made almost like a net, there isn't any part of the jacket that is a solid piece of fabric.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts