Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I have sold my MKIV I have been wanting to buy a car that I could work on without going broke. Something that is cheap, has some hp, looks cool, and also has cheap mods and a conquest was about the only thing I could come up with. I know it isn't a supra but since I bought a house I really can't afford a Supra for a few years.
So, what do you guys think? Anyone know of any good deals?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had a blue one in high school(1993). It was a 1989, back then it was cool but they are very prehistoric now. Look into 89-94 AWD DSM, more reliable and faster.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
I had a new 89 back in the days but was stolen a few months later, but i did like it!
I was thinking of looking for one as a daily driver but i also wonder how reliable the motor is .

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I get one it will be my daily driver, the motors need some work in order to be reliable but they are cheap to work on. You could get a new nonjet valve head for 250-300 bucks!
Big difference from headwork on an MKIV!
I just think they are pretty cool and you can find them cheap also, but some of these guys are looking for around $5k for really nice ones with some mods done.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I owned a white conquest ....... the motor on these type of cars run very hot ...they are also known for having head issues ....
but i never had any problems with mines since i never knew how to get more boost out of it
...hehe hell i didn't even know what a boost controller was . ...i wouldn't mine having one of these as a daily driver . :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
lol, i got one :), since 1992, my daily driver, were about to do a lot more things to it but bought my supra 6 yrs ago and started moding the supra lol, i got JE pistons in
the Quest and 20g after i rebuilt the engine 6 yrs ago,, i also got multi port intake manifold from Australia, 720cc injectors, Haltech E6K, GT3561 turbo-all those not installed-lol, had no time, well i had time for my supra :), maybe winter time i'll do everything to it the way it should've been done from the factory, Rob NJ.
go to www.starquestclub.com

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Had a blue one before I got my Supra and actually had a lot of fun with the car...17 lbs. of boost back in 94 was a hell of alot... :) definately a sharp looking car and handled pretty good as well. Did not like the electronics at all got rid of it due to a rear end collision, given a good stand along system it can definately be a very fast and reliable car...2.7 liter, turbocharged, rear wheel drive, 3000 lbs., the recipe is there.

Khris

·
Registered
312 Posts
2.6l :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Love It..

I had a white CONQUEST junior year of high school, along with my MK2. The Conquest was my first taste of boost, the Supra was just more reliable. The Conquest had motor issues when turning up the power, it also suprised the hell out of many other cars on the road at the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts