Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since Big Daddy Dwayne Gutridge set the Drag Radial record again with a 8.19 @ 178... will the supra boys try to take it back?

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
of course they'll "try". :)

unfortunately, trying doens't always mean winning, but eventually someone will go faster im sure.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tell the supra to run just 1 power adder like the domestics have too.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Oh boy, I can see this turning into a huge shitstorm already.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,529 Posts
tell big daddy to drive a REAL car!! you can put wheels on a toilet bowl and make it go fast :cool: :D

jk :)
much props and congrats to BIG DADDY but yeah let's see them try an IRS car with less than half the cubic inches ;)

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
sleeknsilver said:
tell big daddy to drive a REAL car!! you can put wheels on a toilet bowl and make it go fast :cool: :D

jk :)
much props and congrats to BIG DADDY but yeah let's see them try an IRS car with less than half the cubic inches ;)

Man, this is sounding like a Honda arguement.... I make more hp pert liter, I only have 183 cubic inches blah blah blah..... Who cares. I dont think that Paul will bitch about having a IRS rear or having 2 less cylinders.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My94Pony said:
well since Big Daddy Dwayne Gutridge set the Drag Radial record again with a 8.19 @ 178... will the supra boys try to take it back?
What do you think? He beat big daddy and everyone else at the same track and time this year. Its only a matter of time. Whats weird is Big Daddy needs about 5 mph to go <.1 sec. quicker and he's the one who has a solid rear axle. ;)

·
NGAPINO
257 Posts
Re: Re: So will the DR supra try to take the record back?

Rviscosi said:
What do you think? He beat big daddy and everyone else at the same track and time this year. Its only a matter of time. Whats weird is Big Daddy needs about 5 mph to go <.1 sec. quicker and he's the one who has a solid rear axle. ;)
Much props to Paul however I believe Big Daddy broke so they never actually met up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: So will the DR supra try to take the record back?

Rviscosi said:
Well lets see... Big Daddy had the big turbo on at the DR shootout, but was having converter problems. The kind of numbers his car makes with the big turbo, should have easily put him in the 8.0-7.90 area EASILY. When he recently ran the 8.19, he was in class legal trim, and that was on a 'ok' run, with a lazy 1.50 60' time...his second run he went 1.44 and was 2mph faster in the 1/8, when if you knew anything about drag racing, would let you see that run he was on another record setting pass.

As far as the solid rear axle...dont bitch. If you cant compete with the cars with solid rears, dont race in a stock suspension class that prohibits you from changing your IRS to a solid rear.

Its so funny listening to you guys bitch about solid rear setups... yet, there are many other people with cars with IRS that have no problems launching. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

even so... i still say Big Daddy goes 7.90 before that supra ever gets down into the 8.teens area..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll tell you what's REALLY funny...how much time you spend on SF touting the virtues of other cars. Why do you have such a hard on for Supras anyway? Is there nothing to do on corral.net? I am really curious...

·
Racer
118 Posts
isn´t the msp supra the fastest irs street tire car ?

correct me if i´m wrong but i really think the supra is heavier than the mustang

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Doesnt Big Daddy have a much larger engine, weigh less and have a solid rear end?? His car should be faster!!! If not he is doing something wrong!!

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Mustang guys bitching again:eek: Take your ass back over to coral.net if want to boast about big daddy. Paul took the record before and I'm sure will continue to try. Pretty pathetic that some people don't have anything better to do with their time.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Re: Re: Re: So will the DR supra try to take the record back?

My94Pony said:
Well lets see... Big Daddy had the big turbo on at the DR shootout, but was having converter problems. The kind of numbers his car makes with the big turbo, should have easily put him in the 8.0-7.90 area EASILY. When he recently ran the 8.19, he was in class legal trim, and that was on a 'ok' run, with a lazy 1.50 60' time...his second run he went 1.44 and was 2mph faster in the 1/8, when if you knew anything about drag racing, would let you see that run he was on another record setting pass.

As far as the solid rear axle...dont bitch. If you cant compete with the cars with solid rears, dont race in a stock suspension class that prohibits you from changing your IRS to a solid rear.

Its so funny listening to you guys bitch about solid rear setups... yet, there are many other people with cars with IRS that have no problems launching. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

even so... i still say Big Daddy goes 7.90 before that supra ever gets down into the 8.teens area..
Convertor problems, Waaaaaaaa, cry me a frickin river. Paul beat his best time at the same track on the same day, period. One Supra vs. how many domestrics? and he came out the victor.
So what happened on the other record setting pass with the 1.44 60'? Engine problems this time?
Pauls best pass is less then .1 from Little Daddy's best, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Re: Re: Re: So will the DR supra try to take the record back?

My94Pony said:
What other IRS cars are running low 8s on DRs? :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: So will the DR supra try to take the record back?

rdrkt said:
What other IRS cars are running low 8s on DRs? :rolleyes:
How many supras are going 8's period? I never said the people who dont bitch about launching with IRS were going low 8's... did i? Maybe you should read what i said again.

As for having a hard on for supras, sorry...the car isnt the best car in the world. I have no problems with supras, i like them and the motors, some of the owners on the other hand, thats where the hate comes in, and you wonder why. :rolleyes:

Ive yet to bash supras, im simply bringing up something thats big in the drag racing world. This is the drag racing part of the forum right? If you cant take it that im on your all mighty supra forum and dont have one, then dont post in my thread. Go bitch somewhere else about how i dont spend my time on corral cause i dont really give a shit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts