Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gas leak that is right under the tank, the ling that goes from the sender to the first connection is completely rusted, I was wodering a few things:

-Fuel leak means less power (fuel pressure) and hard statrs right?
-And is this line/ tank hard to drop?
-Is the filter inside the tank on these cars?
LMK 0thanx guys

· Registered
122 Posts
I've done this 6 times before and it's not a lot of fun. The tank hasa couple hard lines coming off of the fuel pump bracket that run to rubber ones on the frame so you get a little play room there. You'll be best off getting a floor jack and a couple blocks of wood to support the tank while you work.

The filter is not in the tank, it's somewhere over the differential *I think*. It's supposed to be a major pain in the ass but I never did mine. I would think that it would be much easier with the tank off but I just never did it.

And I don't know about the fuel pressure giving less power as long as there is still enough to fill the fuel rail. Just a theory, I don't know for sure.

· Registered
7,729 Posts
nose-gobblin said:
I have a gas leak that is right under the tank, the ling that goes from the sender to the first connection is completely rusted, I was wodering a few things:

-Fuel leak means less power (fuel pressure) and hard statrs right?
-And is this line/ tank hard to drop?
-Is the filter inside the tank on these cars?
LMK 0thanx guys
I wouldn't rationalize anything about a fuel leak causing less power but still being driveable. Fuel leak = EMERGENCY, don't drive the car until it's fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.