Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that is looking for a body shop in socal to do his Widebody on his 350Z (Paint/Install). I have seen some very nice widebody Supras, so if you could post the shop/location and feed back that would be very helpful.

On the Supra, do the rear quarter panels get cut when applying the widebody?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,477 Posts
G2FAST said:
On the Supra, do the rear quarter panels get cut when applying the widebody?

When done properly, yes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, if you guys know any good paint shops in socal please post there info. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
If your willing to shell out the money for good quality body work, i suggest 20/20 autobody. They've done lots of work on numerous Supras including some of the most notables - Ken Henderson, Supra from Gillette commercial, some of Ryan Woons Supras, and a few other to4r.com members with custom widebodies.

20/20 autobody link

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,003 Posts
Mob Works
ask for Miguel
1 714 633 9355

just tell them some supra buddies recommended you, and hell take care of you.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,477 Posts
kevganzon said:
If your willing to shell out the money for good quality body work, i suggest 20/20 autobody. They've done lots of work on numerous Supras including some of the most notables - Ken Henderson, Supra from Gillette commercial, some of Ryan Woons Supras, and a few other to4r.com members with custom widebodies.

20/20 autobody link
As I recall, Ken Henderson was unhappy with things at 20/20.

·
Super Moderator
10,807 Posts
MDSuPeRStAr said:
As I recall, Ken Henderson was unhappy with things at 20/20.
This is correct. If you are going to 2020 for work on a stock bodied Supra, or installation of a body kit that does not require the replacement of front fenders or rear quarters, they should be able to take care of you. I would NOT, however recommend them for specialty wide body work. I know, because of our discussions, AMMO is of the same opinion. Because of my experience, SP Engineering does not refer any more customers to 2020 (a significant amount of 2020's custom work). I had John at Superior P.V., clean up most, although not all, of my 2020 issues with my car. His work speaks for itself for anyone that's seen my car in person. You also might want to try After Hours. I was very impressed with the extra wide body work they did on the TwinsTurbo Supra.

Steve Fuller: SPE does not do body work, although the work they did on my fender liners (and the wide body RX-7) was perfect (something 2020 failed to do).

Hope this helps.

Ken.

P.S. FWIW, my car is not really a wide body. It has front blister fenders and rear overfenders and it's black if that matters.

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
I would recommend Kustom Import, in City of Industry. Paul has done quite a few widebody Supras including mine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i met one of the owners of BRS autodesign when i bought a stock supra front bumper from him. here is the website. i think their shop is in west covina. but while i was their at his house, he had a pretty phat widebody 350z there. if you look in the site, you can see pictures of it in their.

http://www.brs-autodesign.com/bodykits.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts