Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going solid motor mounts and am curious if I should use the TITAN solid tranny mounts aswell as rear diff mounts? I presume this will prevent my driveline from vibrating apart. Especially for >800rwhp? Any suggestions? OR can I stay with TRD for the tranny?

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I can tell you that i've had all sorts of mounts: stock, TRD, PHR solid... The solid mounts SUCK, they are too damn stiff, and IMO you're better off getting the TRD mounts. Prevent driveline from vibrating off???? More like cause the driveline to vibrate off... What do you think is going to absorb all the vibration?
Peter

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Frame????? I think you're REALLY confused now! LOL :) We drive a UNI-BODY car!!!
Peter

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
ineedboostbad said:
I have 84k on stock mounts... 3rd is sometimes hard to find when shifting quick, would TRD mounts fix that??
Yep it shure will if your up in high hp levels, I also missed my 3 often when shifing fast!
But as houstonT says there will be some vibration in the car, Either hate it like Him or live with it like I do ( I love my PHR mounts ;) ) Like my attachment below says ...

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I will also add this as food for thought... I had my flywheel bolts BACK OUT on me 3 times with the solid motor mounts:
1. Yes I had loctite on them
2. Yes they were torqued to proper specs
3. Yes the clutch manufacturer checked to see if the clutch assembly was balanced and it was
4. No, they didn't back out with TRD mounts
5. Yes, i'm inferring that there is a relationship b/w the bolts backing out and the solid motor mounts
6. No, i don't have factual proof
Just food for thought. Get the TRD mounts.
Peter

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know we drive a unibody, but the car will absorb the shock instead of the motor mounts/engine movement..

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have run both the TRD, PHR and my own SMR mounts

Solid mount ROCKS but it depens off what you will use the car for, i have used them on a street car and no problem but use a rubber transmition mount for the transmition not solid there

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Rocked, TRUST ME, i speak from experience, the solid mounts are TOO rough, unless of course if you enjoy constant rattle/vibration. Correction, your body will absorb the vibration!! :)
Peter

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok ill take your advice...ill use TRD for tranny and motor and maybe soiids for the diff..not sure yet--

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
From my expierence with multiple cars with solid motor mounts. I would have to say the better your engine is balanced the smoother the car will feel with solid motor mounts. This also apllies with solid tranny mounts.

·
Registered
581 Posts
houstonT said:
Rocked, TRUST ME, i speak from experience, the solid mounts are TOO rough, unless of course if you enjoy constant rattle/vibration. Correction, your body will absorb the vibration!! :)
Peter
Andr TRUST me, i have used them on 10 diffrent supras at least, 3 of my own a the rest cusatomers cars, and nobody has had any thing bad to say about them, not any noticble diffrent when everythig els is higly modfied

Coil over suspension, with top mounts
3 trippel disk
1000hp
18" wheels with low profile tires
4" exhoust all the way

Yes on a stock car the maybe suck but on tuned supra they ROCK

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I've been through 7 PERSONAL supras and been in this community since 1995. I think I may have a bit more PERSONAL experience here than you...

On a stock supra? Are you shitting me? I have a bone stock 98 now, it's the first time in 7 years that I've driven a stock supra. I've run solid mounts, TRD mounts, etc... on MY PERSONAL cars ranging from 500-960 rwhp, so don't talk to me like i'm inferring putting these on a stock car, that is purely ASSinine. I think rocked has already made a decision, a good one at that, the solid mounts SUCK period, way too rough... I know BL, PM, and the other big hitters would tell you the same thing, they are too rough...

In the end, rocked, it's your decision, i'm done with this thread...
Peter

Supramannen said:
Andr TRUST me, i have used them on 10 diffrent supras at least, 3 of my own a the rest cusatomers cars, and nobody has had any thing bad to say about them, not any noticble diffrent when everythig els is higly modfied

Coil over suspension, with top mounts
3 trippel disk
1000hp
18" wheels with low profile tires
4" exhoust all the way

Yes on a stock car the maybe suck but on tuned supra they ROCK

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Solid motor mounts introduce a lot of vibration into the cabin even at IDLE and low revs. You can feel it in the seat of your pants.

I would never put it on my daily driver. Race car probably... not a daily driver or cruiser.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Becouse you are a DYNO qeuen doesn't mean you are right, let talk when i learn to drive instead,

I also have had 300-1000rwhp supras and i think a have more wxperince then you Peter, becouse i BUILD them my self

I think they rock but has a wrote earlier, depends on the purpose of the car, TRD i nice up to 700rwhp but after that solid are needed if you do som serius driving, not only dyno

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
Supramannen said:
Becouse you are a DYNO qeuen doesn't mean you are right, let talk when i learn to drive instead,

I also have had 300-1000rwhp supras and i think a have more wxperince then you Peter, becouse i BUILD them my self

I think they rock but has a wrote earlier, depends on the purpose of the car, TRD i nice up to 700rwhp but after that solid are needed if you do som serius driving, not only dyno

I will Take Supramannens side on the engine-mount answer, I like driving with them and so far they havent been my prob, have had LOADS of other shit going wrong...

Trust me, He really knows his stuf, when it comes to supras...
Has bould almost all the fasts MKIV`s over here, and has also been in the supra world for a LONG time...

I

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Supramannen said:

You sound very creditable with your experiences. I agree with everything your saying. So you think TRD's would be good for a set-up in the low 700's? My suspension is 100% stock:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
It's evident you are uneducated or too insecure with yourself to type something meaningful. Instead you had to go to personal attacks... So I can fire back, when you get off PHR's nutsack, you may gain some credibility here, otherwise, you are nothing more than a nutrider, and trust me, judging by the PM's i've recieved since your last post from several SF members, i can tell you, YOUR REPUTATION PRECEDES YOU!

Next time you start talking shit, get your facts straight asshole, I do build my own cars...

Also, maybe you can give SW and Chris Johnson some advice, afterall, they were running 9's 3 years ago at 154 mph with STOCK mounts. I guess that's not considered serious driving though... You may have fun doing the quarter mile in the 10.5 range, but I prefer doing 60-200 against race bikes and TT vipers. I guess that's not serious driving either... :rolleyes:

Peter

Supramannen said:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts