Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next project all bushing replace. My question is the to drive on street will be very hard I mean not comfortable. I will use only for street use. anyone have changeed all over expriences?
Differential solid bushing
Solid Steering Rack Bushing
Subframe solid bushing and all control arm for polyurethane bushings.

Thanks

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs, 95 Supra TT
129 Posts
If it's street use I would lean towards poly. At least that is speaking from experience with other car platforms. I did poly rear subframe, diff, and steering rack bushings on my Supra over winter. I haven't driven the car yet though because I've been working on other stuff, but I should have it on the road soon. I went with strongflex as they were the only company that seemed to make full replacements for everything. Some of the other companies only had inserts for certain bushings which means they would press in around the stock bushings. All my control arms are still on factory bushings. I may eventually replace them with poly, but for now they are in good shape and I'd rather spend the money on other things.

pics

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,397 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is where I ordered from and exactly what I ordered. I had them in less than a week. Mine are the yellow 90 shore, but they also have a softer 80 shore in red. It came to $343 after the conversion and shipping.

https://www.strongflex.eu/en/

211795A differential rear bushing with 2 holes
211796A differential rear bushing with 1 hole
211794A differential front bushing (order 2 of these)
216222A rear subframe bushing kit. Includes both front and both rear bushings.
216227A steering rack bushings 47mm

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah but they ship worldwide. I just checked and I ordered on 2/19/2019 and the tracking number shows they arrived on 2/25. This was the review on the Lexus forum that made me pull the trigger on these.

https://www.my.is/forums/f89/strong-flex-bushing-review-comparison-super-pro-601545/

I like how the rear diff bushings are poly and the metal insert goes the entire length of the bushing. If you look at the other companies that make the rear bushings, they embed a plate in them that isn't as wide as the bushing. It looks like it just wants to tear out. ie these rear bushings. In fairness I think they may make an upgraded version too, but I haven't seen any pics of it.

https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/DIFF-RR-COM_2400

·
Registered
112 Posts
i just put the superpro rear diff bushings in ... and i was surprised that the metal center did not go the full length of the bushings.

Also, there is not lip on them that holds them in place... they just kinda "float" in the housing.

im going to keep an eye on them once i start driving the car to see if they shift to the front or back..

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How difficult was to remove the rear subframe? I going to do the same and powder coated rear subframe... Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
How difficult was to remove the rear subframe? I going to do the same and powder coated rear subframe... Thanks
I thought it was pretty easy but I also have a lift. Remove exhaust, driveshaft, disconnect ebrake cables under the car, remove abs sensors and wiring from hub/subframe and let them hang out of the way, remove calipers and zip tie them to strut springs, pull rotors off so they won't fall off without the calipers on, remove lower strut bolts, lower car so subframe rests on 4 jackstands, crawl under it and remove the front 2 bolts, and the 8 bolts in the rear that hold the ear bushings on, raise car off of it. While it's out you can pull the gas tank shield and add some undercoat to the bottom of the chassis (toyota skips spots when applying factory coating). I used rustoleum semi-flat professional spray paint on my subframe. I had already had my hubs off several months ago when I did my rear wheel bearings so I had cleaned those up with fresh paint at that time.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
1 year bump but wondering how you guys were liking the strongflex so far.
glad i found this thread. i was about to pull the tigger on a set of superpros but that $450 is a tough pill to swallow.
i did the superpro diff bushing and was also surprised that there was no flange on the end. just slips into the frame. so far it works fine and i have no complaints but the SF looks like it might be a better design.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just received a full 'Sport - 90 SHA' kit from Strongflex. It arrived in Brisbane, Australia exactly 6 days after ordering from Poland. I'm mid way through fitting the kit, the front lower and rear upper control arms are breaking my balls.

At this point everything I've seen in the kit impresses me. I've been a machinist in another life, and looking at the product I'm very impressed. Nothing looks like a shortcut, all of the metal parts are machined very well to a good tolerance and the bushing sizes are a great fit to everything I've managed to get fitted.

Each part also has a handy part number on each half of the bushing, just in case you mix up some of your kit. The internal surface where the centre bush is inserted is nicely knurled to hold onto the lubrication. The metal inserts are the full length of the bush, everything that was metal from factory appears metal in this kit.

Overall very impressed. I'll look to put some of the pictures and methods up when I'm done.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm still happy with my strongflex bushings. I no longer have the Supra auto rear diff though. I upgraded to an 8.8 from Grannas Racing. I'm probably the only person using strongflex rear bushings with an 8.8. I did have to modify a few things. Since the strongflex rear diff bushings use a solid aluminum dowel all the way through, you can't fit a normal nut on the 8.8 case Grannas sells. There would be no room for a stocket. So instead I'm using some grade 8 coupler nuts which are longer. I got them from McMaster.

Also the rear diff bushings do stick out the front a little bit more than stock. My 8.8 driveshaft was too far forward. The Yoke was bottoming out on the rear trans dust cover. I shaved about 3/16" off the front of the rear bushings using a blade from a planer. I held the blade with a glove and used a torch to heat up the other side. I slowly shaved some material off the front of the bushings. Afterwards I also had to grind some of the aluminum dowel material away to match the thickness. If you ever do go to an 8.8 and have strongflex rear diff bushings I'd recommend buying your driveshaft after everything is installed vs buying the precut length. Then you can send your measurements in and get exactly what you need.

·
Game Over
1,229 Posts
This is where I ordered from and exactly what I ordered. I had them in less than a week. Mine are the yellow 90 shore, but they also have a softer 80 shore in red. It came to $343 after the conversion and shipping.

STRONGFLEX Polyurethane Components

211795A differential rear bushing with 2 holes
211796A differential rear bushing with 1 hole
211794A differential front bushing (order 2 of these)
216222A rear subframe bushing kit. Includes both front and both rear bushings.
216227A steering rack bushings 47mm

Thanks for sharing the part # and website. It is helpful and very easy to navigate.
Nice job on the subframe, it gives me some motivation to get my rear suspension done.

I noticed that for the Trac arm's bushing on the big end, there is two size options for bushings.
Part # 211627A (34mm)
Part # 211694A (46mm)

Anyone know which diameter bushing do we need?

·
Registered
9 Posts
For my two sets of arms going on to a JDM 6 speed car they're the Part # 211627A (34mm). I think the 46mm are for the SC rear end.

This is the only mention on their page:
Bush 211627, is 34mm outer diameter. Before order, please check bushes in your model. For 46mm please use 211694

·
Game Over
1,229 Posts
For my two sets of arms going on to a JDM 6 speed car they're the Part # 211627A (34mm). I think the 46mm are for the SC rear end.

This is the only mention on their page:
Bush 211627, is 34mm outer diameter. Before order, please check bushes in your model. For 46mm please use 211694

Thanks for that!

It'd make sense if the SC is different because in the rear, they run a different sub frame altogether because the rear LCA, and Toe arms are longer.

IIRC, The pick up point is different for the Track arms too, so it makes sense if the arm is different as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Friend of mine used the SuperPro rear diff bushings only for them to split in half as the metal plate tore through. I have seen another car on YouTube also have the same problem. I kinda regret buying the SuperPro now. These look to be a better product.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts