Supra Forums banner

Some aftermarket love for the RR Sport

479 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  EUROTOYS 
#1 ·
60-70K to get into one and 13MPG on a good day.... but hey, that shit looks gangsta w/ the right mods.

See less See more
#8 ·
MrJohnTan said:
This is the motor in the silver Range in my 1st post. 480hp! Thats small single supra territory :agreed:
weighs about as much too :lol:

#10 ·
Ball Bearing Supra said:
I hate those they look like toasters and the seats make you feel like you're sitting in a kids high chair.

well you can come put your toaster beside my Sub-Zero Fridge

You do sit up like your on phone books too :(

#14 ·
FYRARMS said:
Jaguar called. They want their engine back.
That's actually not true, despite all rumors. It's still a Ford motor, BUT there alot of aftermarket companies that make a motor swap using the Jag Motor, but with a cam and some ECU differences. OverFinch being one of them.

Before Ford bought out Range Rover, they were all about Chevy motors in their trucks. But when Ford bought them out, that's thre first thing Ford changed about Range Rover.

#15 ·
Nice cars... probably my favorite out of all SUVs... and I hate SUVs.

#16 ·
Nice vehicles, but they remind me too much of a mid-pubescent jeep cherokee. Lowered and with huge wheels they just look kinda disproportionate. If I'm going to drive something lowered and impractical I'll just go for an M5.

That being said, if I had a lot of money to throw around and wanted something to haul friends around in, I can't say I wouldn't buy one, they can look really sharp.

#17 ·
X2daC said:
That's actually not true, despite all rumors. It's still a Ford motor, BUT there alot of aftermarket companies that make a motor swap using the Jag Motor, but with a cam and some ECU differences. OverFinch being one of them.

Before Ford bought out Range Rover, they were all about Chevy motors in their trucks. But when Ford bought them out, that's thre first thing Ford changed about Range Rover.
It is true! That engine was designed by Jaguar in 1996, the Lincoln LS/Ford T-Bird 3.9L engine is based off of the Jaguar 4.0L, not vice/versa.

Jaguar went to 4.2L in the 2003 S-Type R. The RR SUV 4.2L is almost identical to the Jaguar Auto version, only minor differences in the Intercooling, oil pan, etc.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.