Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to the Supra world. I was just wanting to learn a bit about them.
*What kind of 6 speed do they use?
*Is the auto any good?
*How much hp is the stock bottom end good up to?
*What are the best bang for the buck mods?
*Are there any free mods? (how much hp increase)
*Any other info would be cool!
Thanks guys!!
Jon

·
Registered
181 Posts
*What kind of 6 speed do they use? it's made by gettrag or however you want to spell it. it's german and it's very good tranny

*Is the auto any good? auto is perfectly fine but you must upgrade the internals if you are making anything over 500rwhp

*How much hp is the stock bottom end good up to? you can push around 700rwhp. it will hold 700rwhp but you can not beat it every signal lights. over 700rwhp can starts to bend rods and damage pistons and rings.

*What are the best bang for the buck mods?
1. air intake [less than 200"]
2. down pipe [250 to 300 new]
3. exhaust [hks dragger is nice one]
4. fuel cut [100] do not do that free free fuel cut. it's not free if you blow your motor up.
5. apexi afc $300 to$350
6. apexi avc-r 400 to 450
7. digital egt- computech 200from jegs

your car should lay down 430 to 450rwhp.
you do not need vpc,bigger fuel system,ecu upgrade. these parts will not give you anymore power if you have stock turbos.

*Are there any free mods? (how much hp increase)
no such thing is SAFE free mods.

*Any other info would be cool!
you'll probably need new clutch. get rps pressure plate and clutch. get light weight fly wheel if you are thinking about keeping stock turbos othe wise leave it alone. light weight fly wheel is awsome in stock turbo set up. spools up very fast! it's like playing video game. do not use light weight fly wheel on single turbo set up.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the Computech EGT kit pretty good? I was thinking of going with some type of EGT monitor sometime on my Mustang.

So for around $1500 a guy could have around 430-450 rwhp? That is awesome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts