Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real new to this and I understand there's many people that come in here saying "o ima get a supra so i go supa fast and die" , Im not one of those and I would like the opinion of the community to help me decide on what to get.

I can drive and pretty soon im going to get a car and im trying to decide on a supra MK3 as starting off then years later work my way up. Now all that to side I want to decide on my Supra, I will be accepting opinions on year/ engine type and so forth now what I was thinking was trying to get a supra not worrying what year and getting it non turbo. Now I want to know if thats possible and ive looked around and seen some cheap prices on supras saying no turbo and wanted to do that since insurance will murder me if i drived a turbo as the first car.

I can get maybe a supra real cheap and build it as I get better and better knowing my car now I dont want to be a street racer any racing I do will be done on the track since im responsible and love my life to much to throw it away for respect.

Now im done presenting myself opinions may start and please no flaming :facesjump

·
Registered
260 Posts
maybe a 91+ n/a. i've heard the mounts in 91 are the same as 1jz/2jz mounts.
if this is true, you could save up for a full 1j or 2j turbo drivetrain swap and save on insurance. if its not true, 7m turbo swap either way you'll be starting out ok.

please correct me if im wrong someone.

·
7m love... dont hate.
2,571 Posts
theres really no difference for me personality between having a n/a and turbo for insurance. with that said i would look for a 86.5 to 88 n/a if thats wat your going for. there cheap and more of them were made. even if you buy a turbo which is more wise since you have the thought of upgrading later stock to stock theres only like a 30 hp difference which aint shit in a 3500lb car.

any thing 89+ with out solid motor mounts can swap a jz engine more easily.
bic makes the motor mounts to swap a jz into a pre89.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Everybody tells me ima kill myself in a supra and 9 years and 7 cars later i got one, it just dont run lol. Anyway, get an N/A w/ TEMS and if you (do) race on a track, and have built the car, you'll have 4.30 gears ideal for track. 86.5's are non-turbo and are said to be the lightest of the MK3s. 92 are the rarest, you get one and wreck it ill find a way to kick you in the sack. lol But im serious!
No better what enjoy what ever model you get and f*** in care of it,because it sucks, not knowing what all is wrong.
Just a lil info, my 2 cents ans sleep is calling.
Carter, J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts