Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I frign love the 2J man can it take a beating and not get rod knock, a blown head gasket or just fail in every other way possible like that other motor people have in their supras.

I just got my car on the road recently and decided today would be the first day I drove to work. For starters I was on the expressway at the lights and saw a gorgeous girl in a 09 Mustang GT. She had been driving fast but not aggressive so when I started to tailgate her she decided she would "take off" on me. Well as soon as we merged onto the hiway I blew past her and she had a surprised look on her face. So she decided to pull up slowly and then try to hit it and get ahead of me but when you have 4.30 gears your always in boost so it was no contest.

I got to work and my VP owns a TL type S and decided that at lunch we would go for lunch somewhere. Leaving the parking lot I decided to warm up the tires a bit and ended up with this:

After getting on the hiway we lined up and went for it. It was fun because I feathered it through 3rd to make him feel good then took off in 4th to put the hurtn to him.

All in all the car runs great and I couldn't be more happy with how the car performs all around... it really can take abuse.

Just a little feel good story for the JZ lovers. ;)

Dave

·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope I have been talking about it but the car has only been up and running well for a few days.

I'm running 1.0 bar on a T67 with a .68 hot side and it's completely untuned so its a long way off from being what it could be.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Nope I have been talking about it but the car has only been up and running well for a few days.

I'm running 1.0 bar on a T67 with a .68 hot side and it's completely untuned so its a long way off from being what it could be.
I have the same turbo and I would say at 1bar you are about 400whp. I was doing 460whp at 1bar tuned.

Fun setup in the MKIII I tell ya.

Get it tuned ASAP before you blow it though as I did not with mine and I cooked 2 cylinders first time around.

·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same turbo and I would say at 1bar you are about 400whp. I was doing 460whp at 1bar tuned.

Fun setup in the MKIII I tell ya.

Get it tuned ASAP before you blow it though as I did not with mine and I cooked 2 cylinders first time around.
How did you blow it up...? I've been watching my wideband religiously and its never above 10.0:1 at full boost. The stock timing should be good for 14psi and the temp gauge is always perfect.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
How did you blow it up...? I've been watching my wideband religiously and its never above 10.0:1 at full boost. The stock timing should be good for 14psi and the temp gauge is always perfect.
Detonation, if you are on the stock ECU the it used aggressive timing and used the knock sensors to pull timing when it dets. I was on a AEM that was having issues as well as some bad wiring.

·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya im thinking of going aem and getting it tuned then leaving it for a solid 500rw... ill be happy with that.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
ya im thinking of going aem and getting it tuned then leaving it for a solid 500rw... ill be happy with that.
No you wont lol, once you get the bug it never goes away "just 100 more WHP"

Good luck with the car sounds like you are having fun.

If you go AEM wait till the Gen 2 has proved its self and go that route, or something better lol.

·
Registered
327 Posts
props on the car but idk that i see the coolness in beating a chick in a mustang lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts