Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went NA-T but theres something i need help with.

First off my BOV isn't working. it is a xspower knockoff hks sqv. The thing is it works when i rev the car from the throttle but when im actually driving im getting compression surge through the turbo and the BOV isn't working. what can i do? Also its mounted right by the fender where it can been seen. i will take pic to show where it is.

also when i first got the AEM FIC connected the car would never pass 4k rpm, almost like a rev limiter, any suggestions?

Does anyone have a base map for the FIC.

i have:

xspower T61
stock compression
stock fuel
hks carbon ti exhaust

any thoughts or advice would be great.

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
1. You should have mounted the BOV as close to the throttle plate as possible
2. You should have bought a good BOV, as people have had hit or miss success with knock-offs.
3. You should have saved up and gone with a standalone....piggybacks are not ideal partners to the NA 2JZGE ECU.

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2. You should have bought a good BOV, as people have had hit or miss success with knock-offs.
3. You should have saved up and gone with a standalone....piggybacks are not ideal partners to the NA 2JZGE ECU.
Your right but i didn't...so any other input that could help me without buying other stuff would be great.

· NA-T What?, NA-T Who?
298 Posts
Map ecu 1 can be tuned with the GE ecu, just gotta get the correct tuner, i dont think ur fic can cut it, ur definitely gonna have problems, standalone is the best way to go. I had stalling issues with my NA-T and got ripped off by a shop but then found the cotrrect tuner and shop and the Map Ecu worked like magic.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
As an aside, an old ass hks afr was able to get na-t at least to 300 whp on a 1993.5. I agree with standalone too though

Can the bov be adjusted?

Is it stalling at 4k? or is it just not revving past it?

I dunno about the AEM F/IC, but do you have to set the range for the rpm? Just checking if you have to set it to the right values

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Map ecu 1 can be tuned with the GE ecu, just gotta get the correct tuner, i dont think ur fic can cut it, ur definitely gonna have problems, standalone is the best way to go. I had stalling issues with my NA-T and got ripped off by a shop but then found the cotrrect tuner and shop and the Map Ecu worked like magic.
I don't think Map Ecu would work. Just keep in mind my car is OBD2 with VVTI.

As an aside, an old ass hks afr was able to get na-t at least to 300 whp on a 1993.5. I agree with standalone too though

Can the bov be adjusted?

Is it stalling at 4k? or is it just not revving past it?

I dunno about the AEM F/IC, but do you have to set the range for the rpm? Just checking if you have to set it to the right values

its not stalling, it just doesn't rev past 4K

As far as the FIC im not sure, my tuner really would have to look at it. I haven't tuned the car yet so im hoping maybe with the tune all this stuff will get fixed. i should be tuning this week.

Does anyone have a base map?

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
I don't think Map Ecu would work. Just keep in mind my car is OBD2 with VVTI.

its not stalling, it just doesn't rev past 4K

As far as the FIC im not sure, my tuner really would have to look at it. I haven't tuned the car yet so im hoping maybe with the tune all this stuff will get fixed. i should be tuning this week.

Does anyone have a base map?
MAP ECU 2 actually works better with OBDII ecus. I doubt that your FIC will have anything to do with your BOV as your BOV is mechanically controlled. I would check the BOV to see if there any type of adjustment on it.

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MAP ECU 2 actually works better with OBDII ecus. I doubt that your FIC will have anything to do with your BOV as your BOV is mechanically controlled. I would check the BOV to see if there any type of adjustment on it.

i was referring the to the other things but yeah the BOV is a HKS knockoff so im not sure if i can adjust if i did.

But why would it work when not under load and then not work while under load?

· The Great Kruso
4,230 Posts

The HKS BOV is built very straight forward, I would lean more towards the vac line going to it being the problem. Where exactly is it coming from and is it t'ed off into anything else?

Kruso

· Registered
3,366 Posts
Just wondering a little off topic but did you do the work yourself? If not what shop did it? I am just wondering because I am thinking of going NA-T and sadly never saw one the island and only talked to the owners on here. Was hoping to see you at a meet and check it out.

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No i didn't do the work myself i had someone do it. With me doing a lot of the watching. but i learned and am still learning. to be honest with you can do this yourself. Takes a little time but it really is straight bolt on

The only thing that you would need to do at a shop is the welding and ic piping, the routing was a bitch.

· killing bad guys
2,209 Posts
Ohh buddy, the beginning of many problems... Check your vac lines again, thats a weird one.
The only REAL fix IMO to your ECU problem is for you to go standalone, only few have 100% no problems with their piggybacks. No idea why or how, lucky i guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.