Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well i am nearing the process where i will be purchaseing a engine/front clip.. I have some questions. So here goes.

1. If i purchases an aristo front clip from venus would it be any good? or would it most likely be crap. Has anyone purchased a aristo front clip from them?

2. As far as dropping an Aristo 2j in a mkiii besides changing the sump to a rear sump how hard is it to mod the wiring harness and is there anyone out there that i can talk to who has gone with a 2jz aristo clip for there mkiii.

3. Would anyone be willing if a paid them a lil $ to check out a couple of motors at venus for me? I know everyone says venus is crap but do they ever sell any good motors?

If the 2j doesn't work out i will just go with a 1j front clip...please let me know what you think..any info would be awesome...thanks guyz

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
if everyone says venus is crap... more than likely venus is crap... you get what you pay for man... stay away from a 2jz from an aristo... wiring harness is completely different... i bought one... yea... we'll leave it at that... well... lets just say that I outsourced the harness after I found out what it entailed to cross it with a mk3 harness... check with jarco... or ummm i think its onebad7m on the boards??? someone correct me if im wrong

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,402 Posts
Thanks, i will check for you tomorrow if you are looking for a Aristo clip. does it have to be 5 speed, or can it be auto (1jz clip). let me get back to you on Saturday.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I:ve seen quite a few people getting good engines from venus. Just need to check them out before you buy one.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,402 Posts
airbats801 said:
I:ve seen quite a few people getting good engines from venus. Just need to check them out before you buy one.
When Venus Says that 150 psi per cylinder is good compression, they are not telling you the truth. Good compression has to be in the 170'ish range to be a healthy clip. So just like Airbats said check them out first, But their clips make the ones that i get look Superclean, and that is with out me cleaning mine. :cool:

·
Registered
544 Posts
i think you might also need the jza70 aluminum motor mount blocks for it to drop in. the aristo wiring harness will be a pain as was said. the body and fuse connections are different from the jza80. you could probably figure it out with arnout's jza80 wiring guide and some trial and error. i found it easy enough to hook up the bare minimums looking at the jza80 guide, wire colors and double checking things with a meter though i have not tested it out yet

shiva

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
How much were you quoted on the Aristo clip? My friend has one that he brought from Japan (drove the car around for about a week before he cut it in half and sent it out in his container to Hawaii. Maybe he could work something out with you-or if that's not up your alley due to shipping probably gonna cost a grip, I would also like some help with the wiring of this into a MK3 (cause I'm gonna end up dropping this into a mk3 if he doesn't sell)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will the motor mounts from an 89+ work with the 2j or do i need to change the mounts? Thanks for all the comments. Looks like my only worries now are wiring and getting a good engine/clip..thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they said around $2200 and if i can get someone to look at it and start it up for me thats the one i want to get....does anyone here live aroudn venus and would be willing to check a clip out for me..i could send you some money to make it worth your time..thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
While ive never dealt with venus personally, I have worked on a swap done from a venus clip, Turbos were blown, engine had low compression and the head had stuck valves on one cyl. Overall it was a nightmare. From what i understand they may be under new management, and things may have changed. The choice is yours.

·
Registered
923 Posts
hell 2200 for a 2jz aristo? nice price

Only problem is 99% of those came automatic correct?

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you're planning on modifying this, be careful with the VVTi 2jz, it's relatively untested water. It's an interference motor and is almost impossible to upgrade the cams(required if you're going over about 650hp) without losing the vvti. If you think you can do it great because we really need people to start digging into these. Good Luck.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have some dyno results from hks testing their cam gears verus the vvti setup for their drag supra, whos goal is 1400ps.

Anyways, both setups were making over 1000ps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you are still interested in checking out the 2jz motor let me know, I can do a little foot work for you. I don't know if they have any more left, they sold 2 about a week ago to the East cost area. Interesting enough the 2 - 2jzgtes were equiped with hydrolic fan setups similar to a 1jzgte (tried to pesuade him to sell the hydrolic setup to me but he says that its going complete with the engines) I've got 2 1jzgtes and a 2jz NA and transmissions from Venus before so I can't complain about their prices and besides, if there is a problem, I take it right back to them. Let me know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts