Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

I am curious as to what I am supposed to do with all the left over vacuum, coolan, and electrical lines one my single is put on. second the motor is out right now and I am going to change the timing belt and the thermostat. Is there anything else to consider changing. Also I am trying to get the lower oil pan off but I can't seem to pull it off no matter what I do. Any suggestions on how to pull it off.

Thanks

PS I am at 58k miles.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The lower pan will have some marks on it when you can pry the two safety apart. You have to look for them and then clean up the extra gunk with a wire wheel. You will fingure out where to put the extra vacuum lines or where to hide them. It's all part of the mystery, Just look at other posts and what they have done. It's not hard to do and you can always ask specific questions along the way.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
if your motor is out I would change the motor mounts as well. I didn't and they went bad shortly after... PITA to change with the engine in the car so now that I'm going single and I've got the twins off and the intake off I'm going to hold the engine up a bit with a lift and change the mounts. Save yourself the hassle and do them now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just plug or cap off whatever lines you don't need and put some tape on the electrical connectors to keep them clean.

Since you're at 58k miles you might as well do the whole 60k maintenance while everything is out.

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
Hey guys.

I am curious as to what I am supposed to do with all the left over vacuum, coolan, and electrical lines one my single is put on. second the motor is out right now and I am going to change the timing belt and the thermostat. Is there anything else to consider changing. Also I am trying to get the lower oil pan off but I can't seem to pull it off no matter what I do. Any suggestions on how to pull it off.

Thanks

PS I am at 58k miles.
Just make sure you the pan is sealed and isn't leaking before putting the motor back in. It is a PITA to try and get at the pan if it leaks following the re-install of the engine.

Brad

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey man..if ure motor is still out.....why dont u take the head out and clean it...clean the block....change the head gasket....use arp head studs...change the valve cover gaskets...rear main seal....front main seal...cam seals....this way u know u have a sound motor.....depending on the mileage of the car......change the oil pump....oh yeah dont forget the water pump....well this is wat i would do if the motor is out of the car....clean everything.... :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
jdmuscle said:
hey man..if ure motor is still out.....why dont u take the head out and clean it...clean the block....change the head gasket....use arp head studs...change the valve cover gaskets...rear main seal....front main seal...cam seals....this way u know u have a sound motor.....depending on the mileage of the car......change the oil pump....oh yeah dont forget the water pump....well this is wat i would do if the motor is out of the car....clean everything.... :)
agreed definatly do this if the motor is still out

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am only at 58k miles and will not be running more then 600rwhp. I don't really see the need to do all that as a 60k miles service. The oil pan is back on and looking good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts