Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we'll a friend of mine bought a whale tail from shine auto.he left it at my house,so i figured what the hell.if i had the money right now,i would mount it up totaly and buy him a new one.well here is a couple of pics.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd ditch my stock 3 pc for the tail.it just seems to complete the whole look when you have the bomex sides and rears.this is a pic of the shine lip from the gb.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,810 Posts
Krister said:
Nice. Did you get any install hardware with the wing? Mine didnt come with any.

think shine auto is still trying to get them produced

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
shine rules! FTW!

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
lilazni3uoy said:
think shine auto is still trying to get them produced
K, good to know. Mine went to the bodyshop today. They'll try to bend some brackets for the wing. I'll post some pics when it's been installed. :)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
tsuper92 said:
i'd ditch my stock 3 pc for the tail.it just seems to complete the whole look when you have the bomex sides and rears.this is a pic of the shine lip from the gb.
looks good

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
All the brackets really are are C brackets really with holes drilled in for set screws.
I shoulda Bought Shines copy. I got the Orig Bomex at the same time he did. The only plus was getting the hardware. Their quality from Bomex was bleh. I worked some fiberglass into it to get it to look more fitting to the body and just figuring out how to fill in the antenna hole a little more without blocking it up. Its deff looking alot better then it did.
I have one of Shines lips too. looks awesome

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
PM-Performance said:
All the brackets really are are C brackets really with holes drilled in for set screws.
I shoulda Bought Shines copy. I got the Orig Bomex at the same time he did. The only plus was getting the hardware. Their quality from Bomex was bleh. I worked some fiberglass into it to get it to look more fitting to the body and just figuring out how to fill in the antenna hole a little more without blocking it up. Its deff looking alot better then it did.
I have one of Shines lips too. looks awesome
Hey you wouldnt happen to have a pic of the "C brackets" would you? Im still waiting for mine from Shine as well. Its been a while and I might just make my own set temporarily for the new owner of my car until the new brackets arrive.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
I posted pics of the install and all the hardware on a post a few months ago.
Do a search for topics I created. They should still be in there

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
PM-Performance said:
I posted pics of the install and all the hardware on a post a few months ago.
Do a search for topics I created. They should still be in there
Thanks I found them

Now I see how they work. Ken said he should have the new brackets out for me in about a week so I may just wait for his.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
It's indeed just the panel behind the wheel.. just the black thing you see in the pic. It doesn't go all the way around the back bumper cause that'd mean it'd be a complete rear bumper replacement.

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
Does anyone have the ShineAuto bomex side skirts? I have original Bomex before the first price drop and at the ends of the skirts the fitment is a little sketchy, is Shine's like this also?

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
so uh, how do you open up the rear? it looks like its all one piece so unless it comes up as one piece.....

<l><l>

1 - 20 of 75 Posts