Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dyno this morning and here are the results.

Max boost I could acheive on my EVC was 1.25 bar. (I'm going to do some tinkering with this)
My car was running VERY LEAN (see below)

Max hp 458.9
Max TQ I think it was 440.?

My problem.
After dynoing I looked at my A/F ratios.
They were between 13.5-14.7 on most runs. I know this is VERY bad. On my last run I hit 14.9. Thank goodness for racing fuel.
I don't think I did any damage. My best run had AF between 13-13.5 the entire run. I have a VPC and SFC so I tried to tune out the lean curve with NO luck at all. Every run was about the same except for some reason the one I made the most power on.
Reason
When I got home I checked all my vacuum hoses and found a kink in the hose that goes to my Fuel pressure regulator.:eek:

I am going to redyno Monday morning and will post the new results. I'm just glad I didn't blow the damn thing up.
I'm also going to install the EGR bypass plates tonight.
Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
482 Posts
Josh,
Those #'s are kinda low for an SP-57 (yeah as if you don;t know it) but glad to hear that you found a kink in the hose ;) BTW what A/F ratio are you going to target for ! The install looks very clean,great job ;) Hope to see you soon.
Later, Yasir

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yasir
Monday should be alot better:D
I am shooting for 12.2-12.8 for pump gas. With these AF ratios I should be able to make 520-540 on Monday.
You need to come to Louisville soon so I can take you for a ride.
Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
283 Posts
Josh,
Not trying to tell you how to tune your car, buddy, but 12.8 a/f on the dyno is probably going to get you way over 13 a/f on the street due to the heavier load on the engine. Not recommended.

I know that the general consensus on the MKIV list has always been to tune for somewhere around 12.0 a/f on the dyno in order to make sure you don't run too lean on the street under heavier load.

Again, not trying to butt into your business, but I'd hate to see you lose a piston due to running too lean on the street. Especially after all of the work you have put into the car.

Anyway, just wanted to offer a different opinion. You know what they always say about those.... ;)

Good luck with it. Car looks great and I bet the SP57 is gonna rock once you get it tuned properly.
:cool:
Later,
KGB

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.
Lar are you watching? If so what do you usually tune your AF to on your cars? 12.0 sounds a little rich but you are right, better safe than sorry.

B

·
0 Posts
I keep mine below 12:1. Usually 11.5-11.8 getting closer to 12 by redline. It'll make plenty of power running rich, might as well be careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts