Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, I just installed new brake pads all around, and new rotors on the front. I bled the brakes and put new fluid in, and I get this problem:

When I brake initally, the brake works alright, but i have to push the pedal pretty far down. If I double tap the brakes, it brakes much easier as i would expet it to normally.... So WTF?? :dunno: Do I have air in my lines? I really don't think I do because I bled them all, but any helpful insight would be appreiciated. I'm probably going to take it to a brake place later this week because they do free diagnostics, but i'd like to hear from yall first. Thanks :)

Specs: 90 turbo, abs, and tems

·
Token Black Fry
364 Posts
rebleed them and see if it comes back. it's possible you have a leak in the master cylinder. i had the same symptoms on my VW, but it was just a little air in the rear lines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blead them again, and make sure the reservoir stays full.

Had the same problem once, was bleading with an empty reservoir, had to start all over again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No, I have same problem, its your master cylinder getting ready to go, its doesnt hold the vacuume inbetween periods of braking. replace your master. Itll fix it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
one thing u forgot to do after all the work and bleeding, u must pump the pedal around 20 times to push back out the brake piston.

if u don't the piston is not pushing the pad far enough against the rotor to stop it.

if this doesn't work then prob. one of ur brake piston boot is ripped and permitting some air in.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
no, after you compress the caliper piston to make room for the new pads, the piston comes back out the FIRST time you press the pedal... not 10 miles later and 50 pedal-pushes later.

the squishyness and double-pump required means you have tiny air bubbles in the line. they arent huge bubbles, they will just show up the size of grains of sand. but its enough to be noticiable.

if the car wasnt like this BEFORE the brake job, then something is wrong. either bad caliper piston seal, master cylinder seals or brake lines... some how air is getting in the system, and if the fluid level never dropped and the calipler bleeders were never open during pedal reset, then there is a leak in the system.

i would suggest FLUSHING the entire brake system, rather than a quick bleed. flush untill you get CLEAN fluid coming out. you can probably do 15 purges before having to top off the resivoir. so dont bleed the brakes and purge the lines more than 15 times before refilling, just to be on the safe side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts