Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys, i finally had some time to look at my car, my chek engine light has been on for a little while. so i cheked em and came up with this...

code#
12= rpm signal (crank angle pulse)
24= intake air temperature signal
34= turbocharger pressure signal
42= vehicle speed sensor signal
51= air conditioner switch or neutral start switch signal

the search option kept giving me a blank white page, so im thinking its down. i went through my manual and i couldnt find anything on how to fix the problems.

currently the mods i have are in my sig, feel free to ask any questions. thnx
-saif

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
24 and 34 have to do with hitting fuel cut. Pull the efi fuse and those should go away unless you hit fuel cut again. 51 has to do with the tps. Your suppose to adjust it to whatever it says in the manual. 42 would be if your speedo isnt working. I think the 42 is what mine was doing when my speedo cable broke but i cant really remember cause that was a couple years ago. I cant help you on code 12. Someone will chime in with some more info.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes my speedo is not working! so that basically the gear broke thats connected to the trans u think?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The cable is probably broke. I had my mechanic get a new cable when he was rebuilding my trans.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx for your help, i appreciate it. anyone else ??

·
Registered
946 Posts
Code 12 deals with the CPS, I have that same condition too. Check connections, CPS resistances between terminals etc per TSRM.

here is a more text book definition:

12 RPM Signal
Diagnosis
-No "NE" or "G" signal to ECU within 2 seconds after engine has been cranked.

Trouble Area
-Distributor, or CPS, circuit
-Distributor or CPS
-Starter signal circuit
-ECU

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KINGPIN33 said:
Code 12 deals with the CPS, I have that same condition too. Check connections, CPS resistances between terminals etc per TSRM. There is no "NE" or GE" signal from the CPS during the 2 seconds of startup.

not to sound stupid, but i never messed with my cams or the cps. where is the cps located at. is it right above the t stat?? :scratch: sorry, juss never really got into it like that.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ehh anyone else??

·
Registered
789 Posts
i had code 24 before, i was able to temporarily rig it to work by soldering in a replacement wire but eventually my afm died. Code 51 if it's your tps you could adjust it the manual way using the check engine light or iirc, and you got an avcr, you could adjust the tps until the avcr reads 5 volts.

·
Registered
946 Posts
MADSUPRA88 said:
not to sound stupid, but i never messed with my cams or the cps. where is the cps located at. is it right above the t stat?? :scratch: sorry, juss never really got into it like that.
Hmmm alright, i'll point you to a place that will describe all your codes for you:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/techtip/engineerrorcodes.html

The CPS is located right behind the t stat. Its covered by the power steering resivor bracket. It has a black plastic roundish cover on it. Make sure your battery/starter/charging system is good.

I had this code and I had a good response on SupraMania. just go to the MKIII GTE section of that forum and look up my post.. should be relatively recent. There was one dude there that answered my question with a lot of technical background.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thnx alot man that really helped. but i still got 1 question! the car has been runnin strong for 2 months now with the new turbo setup, outta nowhere it started throwing code, didnt touch anything underthere, tell u the truth i think my MAFT is taking a shit on me :(

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
on the speedo cable, what happens sometimes is your upper cable melts and gets fused and then the lower will break. If you don't fix the upper before the lower, you'll break another cable (just like I did). Make sure you check for this.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
MADSUPRA88 said:
Thnx alot man that really helped. but i still got 1 question! the car has been runnin strong for 2 months now with the new turbo setup, outta nowhere it started throwing code, didnt touch anything underthere, tell u the truth i think my MAFT is taking a shit on me :(
i would question your wiring job before the integrity of the maft...

-shaeff

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shaeff said:
i would question your wiring job before the integrity of the maft...

-shaeff

Nope my wiring is all correct,i went over and over and made sure everything is hooked up right. i think i know what might have happened thoughm last week on the way to the track my radiator took a shit on my and the hole top of it split open about a quarter inch and when i opened up my hood basically everything was wet underther and the box seemed a little wet, well the out side cover was. i think coolant damaged it. damn :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts