Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i have been having no readings on the a/f gauge since the swap (if i put the gauge sensor wire into the OX diag box, i get nothing...if i remove it...i get a solid last green LED. Okay, so, i spliced the sensor wire right into the OX wire at the ECU. I still got nothing. later on, i noticed a wire that was not going anywhere (some wire I maid a long time ago) and I thought maybe that was the gauge's sensor wire and not the one i have been trying...so, i plug it into the OX in the diag box and the gauge starts to work! I figure...alrighty....i am on the ball....then i went ahead and cut the wire going to the ECU....i check the gauge again and it was solid green....so, i reconnected the ECU wire and it was going again....i let it run and bounce a while back and forth (the gauge led's) then I shut it off and taped everything up. I turned the car on again about 20 minutes later and i got nothing on the gauge again! blank! i cut the ECU wire again and got solid green. I connected that and tried everything i did before and all i got was nothing on the damn gauge....that is where i am...someone help me.

Trev

·
Registered
280 Posts
Get a multimeter and check for connectivity from the O2 sensor to to the ECU. That would be my first step. Then, recheck the grounds and power for the gauge

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
Go buy the real thing they'll work. Mine use to be like that too.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I ran into that samething when I first did my swap. For shits and gigles I ran a wire all the way to the o2 sensor. I soildered the wire in about 2 inches from the 02 sensor and it stayed like that for 2 years with no problem. When the it was in the green and straight to the right it was about was 11.5:1.

Check out the o2 kit from dynojet, I heard it works damn good and comes with everything: http://www.widebandcommander.com/

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got the Zeitronix and im really 50/50 if i can recommend it to someone else. My main and probably only beef about it is that the connectors were really cheap. On the ZT-2 unit and serial adaptor it was an 8 or 6 pin connector(cant remember) which is fine, except they used a regular 4-pin phone cord to connect the two. It took a while for me to deal with it since i didnt want to de-solder anything on the board, but thats what i ended up doing. Desoldered the connectors and wired it permanently. Works pretty good now, just the connector issue really bothered me.

·
DTM/JDM Enthusiast
699 Posts
bean_8044 said:
Get a multimeter and check for connectivity from the O2 sensor to to the ECU. That would be my first step. Then, recheck the grounds and power for the gauge
do you mean continuity?

I would also suggest getting a wideband. I think the way the guy hooked up my air/fuel gauge is wrong too.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Trev, plxdevices.com, stop messing around with an a/f gauge. I'm have and will be using the M-300 unit. Two of my friends are using them and they have yet to have a problem and are very happy with them.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
M-300 here! I love it!

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you using anything else in addition to what is sold in the m300 kit on the site? do you use the software and laptop?

Trev

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Unless you want to datalog it, you don't need to I believe. Your A/F ratio is shown in real-time on the little black box that comes with it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:
are you using anything else in addition to what is sold in the m300 kit on the site? do you use the software and laptop?

Trev

nope no data loging here... I got the power FC for that. Anyways... I am using the A/F guage controler box... works SOOO well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts