Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I know i am not to answer my own thread.But that's my Picture, the more i look at it and they block out the apexi sticker.

·
Super Moderator
10,213 Posts
Unfortunately, I do believe you are correct....your box....your car. I'm sure they'll find a ready market for it on SF. You have my sympathies.

Ken.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
If it's any consolation.......yours looks better :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ken and Ckanderson.I email the guy and asked him to stop using it.He does not even have it made yet and it is way over price.But i guess i have no control over it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes,that was my very first setup and before i polish it,also my apexi boost solanoid is visible at very top right corner.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not worth it,to patent anything is a ripoff the lawers want almost $8000 and by yourself too much red tape and not cheap either.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
After seeing that, I might possibly make my own... but I wont sell any!

·
Registered
770 Posts
nice little airbox there - could you really patent that though, what would you patent in particualr - and what is 'non - obvious' its an airbox? I'm not ripping on it, I do like the design and the look.

Ckadnerson: make one, mine isn't quite so nice with all the brackets and stuff, but 5 minutes with a sheet of aluminium, some pliers, and a drill hole and it was done.

(Wrong of these clowns to steal the pics and copy it outright, can you hold copyright on the actual design of the airbox as it is in yours, that could force small changes - or give leverage to get a cut of the action?)

·
OCC
897 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quick_dry, Patent the airbox would be a waste of time.I don,t care if someone copy mine,it's a free world.What i don,t like is them using my Picture and it,s theirs and they don't even have a actual part to sell and it's not worth $300.

Doug,thanks for the compliment.You are nice today. :)

SupraTuRD,The person photoshop out one of the fastener,just like how he black out the Apexi stricker and how many airboxes have you seem with aircraft thumb release fasteners.

MDSuPeRStAr,No more project at work anywork,the airline industry is not what it use to be anymore.We use to make our own toolboxes and more.But if you are interested in the small radiator panel,i have a few left,but you have to get it polished $35 shipped.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
Post your own add on Ebay and make a statement about making the purchase from the original designer and blow his ass out of the market! If it means that much to you jump up to the plate and create some competition! Post some of your original photos and let the games begin. Hell, you might be able to outsource the construction of them and just be the middleman.

Just my opinion, but you know what they say about that!!!

David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts