Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Ive yanked out the engine, everything plastic, vinyl and leather in the interior and now that Im in a lull waiting on interior parts to be delivered I made the mistake of opening the hood......................and then it began again. About 2 hours later I was at the paint shop getting some acrylic enamel mixed up to paint the engine bay. I guess its a good thing, before its all over I'll know every bolt and bracket in this car.

Stay tuned wednesday for pix of the freshly painted bay.

Before:

After parts removal and prep, ready for masking and paint:

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Looks good, but do yourself a favor and pull the wireing harness out and put it all together on the Motor while its on the stand.

When I pull my motor i just disconect the harness from the ECU and dash plugs... Then lay it over the Motor. Simple!!

Then when you put it back together you can get all the conectors in the right spot while its on the stand..... Sooooo much easier. i have seen many people go through all the truble un hooking each sensor and leaving the harness conected to the car.... I just wonder why...
Just trust me on this one.... you will thank me!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
turboa7mgte said:
Looks good, but do yourself a favor and pull the wireing harness out and put it all together on the Motor while its on the stand.

When I pull my motor i just disconect the harness from the ECU and dash plugs... Then lay it over the Motor. Simple!!

Then when you put it back together you can get all the conectors in the right spot while its on the stand..... Sooooo much easier. i have seen many people go through all the truble un hooking each sensor and leaving the harness conected to the car.... I just wonder why...
i agree with that 100%. much much easier

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
turboa7mgte said:
I thank you already...............I thought about that awhile back for like 5 seconds and then dismissed it for some reason. I wouldn't of ever thought about it again unless you said something............that will make it a hell of alot easier.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i know Ideal has taken out some no essiential stuff. might wanna PM him.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NegativeGeForce said:

Daaammmnnnnnn............thats probably how mine will look before I spray it..............the way my weeks been going...........I just cant stop tearing shit out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts