Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with my engine the last few days, Its really a mystery. Here are the symptoms:

-When i hit boost its bogging abit and pulling uneven, not the normal amount of pull. It happens around 3200 RPM.

-When cold it really doesnt pull well, sometimes the car even slows down when pressing the pedal.

-It puffs alot both at idle and when engine breaking. alot of Bangs and what not.

-It runs at 1500 RPM idle and misfires abit or something, well it puffs..

-Today at 0.5 bar boost, 7 PSI aprox. it stopped pulling completely and the check engine light lit up for a while, i pulled code 34 after that. I also sometimes get 51.

Now here comes the funny stuff, when the engine is warm, and i pull the EFI fuse to reset the ECU it runs like the devil (how its supposed to) for some minutes, then it goes back to being slow again.

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be the problem?

I got this distinct feeling it might be the AFM... is that too far from the truth?

Sincerly,
Michael

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
any codes? a brief list of things that could be causing this include but is not limited to (in no particular order):

knock sensors
Vacuume/boost leak
TPS
CPS
timing
BOV
AFM

I would start with looking for a vacuume leak, get some starter fluid and spray it on various vacuume lines in the engine, when the engine idle changes, you've found your leak. Alternatively, use a smoke machine. I would also check timing, because those two are the easiest fix

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ :werd: look for leaks... your knock sensor wiring may be jacked up too. check the sensor itself as well

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent changed my timing since this began or after.. It doesnt change itself does it?

Michael

·
Registered
79 Posts
That sounds like a boost leak to me. Check all your Hoses from the turbo to the throttle boddy and make sure they are secure and undamaged.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you are throwing two codes......I would start there and take care of those. When you reset the ecu the codes go away until the computer has time to relearn what is wrong. This is why the car runs fine for a minute.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If its a boost leak why then does it make Fuelcut with resulting code 34? Somethign here doesnt make sense.

But i noticed that when running full boost at 7 PSI the boost gauge starts to drop at 5000 RPM with full throttle, it drops 1-2 PSI and stays there. But why would it boost-cut when the boost is lower than the 0.5bar/7psi i normally run... boostcut is at .8-.9 bar normally.

Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts