Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need slicks and wheels to mount them on. The last set of FD wheels I tried, did not fit and I did not want to shave off any of my caliper to make it work.

Anyway, LMK if any one has any before SILV, as this is important.
thanx-jt

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I put the coupler on last night, yes. Mohammed suggested that I adjust that clutch so that it will go into gears correctly. (I have been wondering why it does not...so initially I thought it was the syncros in both 3rd and 4th) Nick from Addictive also was sure it was a clutch issue as well. It turned out to be!

I made a pass right away and the car FELT faster than it ever has so far with the single on. Get this...the car lost traction 3 times down the track. 1-2(no biggie, is expected) 2-3 and 3-4, yes 3-4! After 4th gear grabbed, I lost traction again. Wow. At first I thought that maybe the tires were schwag, but I don't think that was the problem, since the car felt like a raped-ape. It had more power than ever. The car kept wanting to kiss the left wall(4 times I believe in one pass.)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but many people have been asking what happaned. This is the best way to find out. Thanx Mohammed, that made a HUGE difference...it shifts smoother as well.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have 2 Fd wheels for sale, make offer.

Jerry

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
360SUPRA said:
I have 2 Fd wheels for sale, make offer.

Jerry

Foolio, just the wheels? Chrome or no?

·
Registered
110 Posts
jt granberry said:
I put the coupler on last night, yes. Mohammed suggested that I adjust that clutch so that it will go into gears correctly. (I have been wondering why it does not...so initially I thought it was the syncros in both 3rd and 4th) Nick from Addictive also was sure it was a clutch issue as well. It turned out to be!

I made a pass right away and the car FELT faster than it ever has so far with the single on. Get this...the car lost traction 3 times down the track. 1-2(no biggie, is expected) 2-3 and 3-4, yes 3-4! After 4th gear grabbed, I lost traction again. Wow. At first I thought that maybe the tires were schwag, but I don't think that was the problem, since the car felt like a raped-ape. It had more power than ever. The car kept wanting to kiss the left wall(4 times I believe in one pass.)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but many people have been asking what happaned. This is the best way to find out. Thanx Mohammed, that made a HUGE difference...it shifts smoother as well.

I heard the excuses, now what times did you run?

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Supra is not a "true" sports car, right? So why would you care :rolleyes: I mean it doesn't even have back seats. :gaysex: <--- Is that why you like back seats, so someone has a seat to sit in while you get your daily ass-fukking? :) :) Haha.

Nevertheless, I ran 2 12.8s and a few shittier times. :ugh2:

·
Banned
945 Posts
jt granberry said:
I need slicks and wheels to mount them on. The last set of FD wheels I tried, did not fit and I did not want to shave off any of my caliper to make it work.

Anyway, LMK if any one has any before SILV, as this is important.
thanx-jt
I hate to break this one to you, but RX7 wheels come off an assembly line.

Smart money is on moving the caliper on the upright...

·
Registered
110 Posts
jt granberry said:
The Supra is not a "true" sports car, right? So why would you care :rolleyes: I mean it doesn't even have back seats. :gaysex: <--- Is that why you like back seats, so someone has a seat to sit in while you get your daily ass-fukking? :) :) Haha.

Nevertheless, I ran 2 12.8s and a few shittier times. :ugh2:

12.8......................... :ugh2:

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AZWildcat said:

Move the caliper, not shave/grind it?

·
Registered
855 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
AZWildcat said:

Actually the 93 FD wheels are the only ones that work with a spacer BUT without shaving the calipers. Mazda had a problem with the 93 wheels cracking due to there lightweight, so 94-95 wheels were reinforced. The reinforced ones made them thicker at the spokes. Facts no fiction. :rofl:

Jerry

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have a set that does not require any modifications to the calipers, ect.
The have ET's mounted..............

·
Banned
945 Posts
360SUPRA said:
Actually the 93 FD wheels are the only ones that work with a spacer BUT without shaving the calipers. Mazda had a problem with the 93 wheels cracking due to there lightweight, so 94-95 wheels were reinforced. The reinforced ones made them thicker at the spokes. Facts no fiction. :rofl:

Jerry
Considering that the number of 94/95 RX7 wheels available are similar to Ryan's leg hairs, that "point" is moot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts