Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
So I'm trying to sell my car, but don't know if I can get a lot out of it, or if I can sell it very quick. so, I just got my paycheck today and it looks like I have about a grand right now, and should have a good 400 bucks on my next paycheck, so, what I need to know, is if anyone knows anyone, or yourself, can swap a new motor into my supra for somewhat cheap, and do a good job of course.
I got quoted at like 2800 at a shop, for both a motor and labor, and 1300 for labor from another guy. So if someone can do it for way cheaper, or just somewhat cheaper, let me know please! I'd really love to keep this car and get her up and running soon.

Thanksss.
 

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
kylefoto said:
Hey guys.
So I'm trying to sell my car, but don't know if I can get a lot out of it, or if I can sell it very quick. so, I just got my paycheck today and it looks like I have about a grand right now, and should have a good 400 bucks on my next paycheck, so, what I need to know, is if anyone knows anyone, or yourself, can swap a new motor into my supra for somewhat cheap, and do a good job of course.
I got quoted at like 2800 at a shop, for both a motor and labor, and 1300 for labor from another guy. So if someone can do it for way cheaper, or just somewhat cheaper, let me know please! I'd really love to keep this car and get her up and running soon.

Thanksss.

Where are you at?
 

·
The Radiator Man
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lynnwood.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,259 Posts
I'm assuming you already called the guy I gave you the information about?

Steve T.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,955 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
I'm assuming you already called the guy I gave you the information about?

Steve T.
Yes he did and I think he is selling it now?

Duane

(Correct me if I am wrong) but was told that by "the guy" when he got of the phone.
 

·
MMMM Smells like coolant
Joined
·
213 Posts
So why not Mr XXX altho then we would hvae the MSRP folks in here wanting to post parental warnings on threads. :1poke:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,259 Posts
Yeah, you're safe in here.

Duane, do you want to tell "the guy" that he's Mr. XXX or should I? That might not go over too well! :lol:
 

·
The Radiator Man
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahah
you guys are ridiculous.
welllllllll
I am trying to sell it
and now I'm thinking again, because I'm getting a lot of hours at work right now, and got like 400 bucks yesterday on my paycheck, so have like 1000 in the bank now.
And yeah, I talked to Mr. X, aka Ron. haha. He called me though, and it woke me up from sleeping, and I forgot to ask him how much he would do a motor swap for. Does anyone know how much he would?? Or if he even has room to?
Let me know! Especially if you're reading this ron!
 

·
Swing on deezz!!!
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
kylefoto said:
hahah
welllllllll
I am trying to sell it
and now I'm thinking again, because I'm getting a lot of hours at work right now, and got like 400 bucks yesterday on my paycheck, so have like 1000 in the bank now.
And yeah, I talked to Mr. X, aka Ron. haha. He called me though, and it woke me up from sleeping, and I forgot to ask him how much he would do a motor swap for.
:1poke: I've seen fleas with longer attention spans... :rolleyes: Seriously...being bi-polar about your car's demise is not the solution. Kyle...I say fix it man...we wouldn't want to lose you to the Slow-stangers dude.

:)
Mark
 

·
The Radiator Man
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha
I actually am bi polar, not just with my car! haha.
haha
eff stangs man, eff em. If I did end up selling it, I was just going to get another supra.
Were you out in lynnwood today?!?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,259 Posts
The only person who can answer your question about "how much" is the guy who would be doing the work. So, just ask. ;)
 

·
The Radiator Man
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha.
I'm going with another guy,
He used to post on the forums, and used to own the car. His name is eddie. I'm not sure what his handle was. My best friend bought the car from him, and he had installed the previous engine.
Should have her back in my hands by next week!
:)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top