Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Models made from 01/86-03/86 only came hardtop. That is all. Thanks ;).

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think you didnt know because you're on too many forums and have too much info in your head. I see you on club4ag as well. When you get an FD........you'll be seeing us on rx7club thats for sure

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I get around ;).

I'm sure when I get an FD I'll probably be on a few RX7 websites too, haha. It won't be for a while though.... quite a while.

·
Registered
53 Posts
damn thats crazy...im liking mine..although ive had it for only a short while...now i want a MKIV as well :p

but i lack that thing called money :(

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daledoe said:
I didn't know that!!! Did you know that there was more supra made in 89 then all MK4 supras all years.
There were more Supras made in other years than 89 too, but yeah, the MKIV was rarish, but so was the 91-92 MK3.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
Jeff didnt know something about the supra?! someone hold me i feel scared.... your only 6 days late there jeff as i think that might have been one of the signs of the end of days.... ;)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:p

Yes there were 86.5 targas, made from 04/86-07/86. :)

So basically only half of the half model year of 86.5 had targas. LOLOL.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
Thought this said 86.5 only came hardtop. I was about to argue :p
Same here... i was about to start crying when i saw who said it too.

Good info actually... i am somewhat looking for a ht 86.5 shell for a drag car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ah makes sense, also did you guys know "86.5" isnt actually acurate because my car was made in April of 1986 which is a few months before half way through 86.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
86.5 has never refered to the month production started. Ever.

It refers to the fact that there was an 86 MK2 then the 86 MK3 came out, they couldn't both be 86 models, so Toyota called the MK3 the 1986½ Supra. 1986½ = 86.5.

The 86 MK2 was made from 08/85 - 12/85, the 86.5 MK3 was made from 01/86 - 07/86.

Technically the 86 MK2 was never even made in 86.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
2900 is wayyyy too low, but yes they are lighter than other years because they are non turbo, have the least amount of options and may be hardtop.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey, that's just what my reg says lol. i had my doubts. what kind of options weren't avail in 86.5 that would make it lighter aside from the turbo. i'm curious as to the weight of my car now and how they came up with that number...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts