Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read of low 10's in the 1/8 mile on here with stock MK3 N/A Supras, some even being an Auto. My best last night was a 10.70, second best around a 10.90.
Air filter, Custom CatBack, thats pretty much it. Nothing seems wrong with the car, it runs great and has a fairly low mile engine. Do these times seem right?

I meen, I LOST to a fuckin CRX with Cold Air and a Muffler :madf:
This dosnt seem right at all......

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Get a turbo and slap it on there!! N/A's normally run a little faster, I've seen many with just intake and exhaust run high 9's in the 1/8 mile. Lower your air pressure in your tires and practice launching and you'll get some better times.

·
Registered
234 Posts
depends what the crx had..

he could of had a b16 in there or one of many other dohc engines that fit inside a crx. hell even a KA which is 200+hp.

so just cause he has intake and exhaust means nothing.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Damn.... that must've sucked loosing to a CRX...
I dont even race those unless they got a really nice looking female in the passenger seat thinking that her boyfriend car's fartpipe makes it a race car.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked him what he had, he said just intake and Muffler, I think he would have mentioned a B16 if their was one under the hood.

Kinda funny though, seems I get praise for my car even when I lose, heard the guy in the CRX talkin to his friends about the "Supra" he raced and even though he beat me, his friends are all "Ya, but its still a Supra" :)

I'll lower air pressure next time, didnt think about it last night, I have 245's in the rear, proboly at 40psi (whatever the shop put in them) it seems I get better traction throughout 1st gear on the Street though, my acceleration through 1st on the strip seems a little slow for some reason. Raced a older V8 Firebird a few times and he took me off the line each time, but in 2nd gear after like 4.5KRPM I would start catching him, but always lost =( He ran 10.20's to 10.35's all night. Hell, in 2nd gear it seems I would start cattching up to most cars, but that 1/8 ends so quickly....

·
7M Love
735 Posts
zz_denis said:
Damn.... that must've sucked loosing to a CRX...
I dont even race those unless they got a really nice looking female in the passenger seat thinking that her boyfriend car's fartpipe makes it a race car.
Wow, you described a crx guy at school perfectly. He tells people that his car is, and I quote, "practically a race car, but for the street". I ended up looking over one time and he was right next to me reving, with his girl friend in the car. I put 3 car lengths on him by about 5k rpm in second :/. He told all his friends that I have an upgraded turbo because he heard the BOV. So the ricer kids are always asking to see my turbo :rolleyes: . When he found out that it's stock, he said his clutch was slipping bad.

Sorry bout the little story/ rant :p.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did beat on a Civic pretty bad a few months ago on the street, had about 4 car lengths by the time I hit 3rd gear. So I dunno, loosing to this CRX still dosnt seem right :(

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eh, shouldnt have to worry about them as it is I would think, maybe I just suck ass at racing?

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
10's sound right for a stock crx, there really light and can get off the line really fast if driven right.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
2000lb crx with rougly 100 HP depending on engine & 5 sp vs a 3500 lb surpa 200 hp auto. Ehh cuts it close but yea it can happen

·
100% Eurotrash
1,108 Posts
2000lb crx si, 125hp got walked by me in a stock 87T. 1st and 2nd were even....3rd the rex fell flat on its face.

it really depends on if its Si or not. final drive makes a big difference with them...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damn the best I ever managed in my intake/exhaust CRX was 11.1 in the 1/8th. SupraGuy88T owned me in his N/A MKIII back then. Part of the reason I wanted a turbo mkiii!

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Mine is a 5Spd, not auto.
And when I ran the CRX, I did a very low 11 and he did a high 10.
Proboly would have beaten him, or just about went even with him, if I ran him when I pulled my 10.70

1 - 20 of 36 Posts