Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINISHED MY 1 JZ SWAP INTO AN 89 MKIII ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO.TOOK IT TO THE TRACK THIS WEEKEND AND OUT OF 4 RUNS 14.88 @ 101mph WAS THE BEST. I WAS EXPECTING WAY BETTER THAN THIS. ANY SUGGESTIONS.(BTW I DONT NEED THE " LEARN HOW TO DRIVE" COMMENT. I GOT OUT RAN BY A JUNK ASS NEON, AND HE'S NOT LETTING ME OFF THE HOOK ABOUT IT.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
what mods.. 101 mph seems ok for a basic bpu 1jz on lower boost...

with a 101 mph you can run into the mid 13s..

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
what he said makes sense to me...101 mph is good for 13s, driver mod should be ur next bolt on.

~scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Mods. Stock Down Pipe, 2 1/2 Pipe Front To Rear, Cheap Air Filter,stock Boost, Stock Everything.i Just Expected 13's. Maybe Just A Bad Track Day. I'll Try Again This Friday But If I Have The Same Results Somthings Gonna Have To Change.
What Kind Of Boost Can I Up This Thing To Anyways. And Do I Have To Get Bigger Injectors To Do That.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
you can turn it up to 1bar then the fuel cut.i would probably wait till you get a free flowing exhaust,just to keep the egt's down.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
^^Yup, i noticed my temps were really lower than usual today, with the turbos spooling nicely and hitting nicely with my 3" exhaust cut off from below the seat, so it was noisey as hell but really working good.

I got a stock setup and im running 14.1 auto on econ mode

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
PORADA2005 said:
No Mods. Stock Down Pipe, 2 1/2 Pipe Front To Rear, Cheap Air Filter,stock Boost, Stock Everything.i Just Expected 13's. Maybe Just A Bad Track Day. I'll Try Again This Friday But If I Have The Same Results Somthings Gonna Have To Change.
What Kind Of Boost Can I Up This Thing To Anyways. And Do I Have To Get Bigger Injectors To Do That.
then the car is making good power... you just need to drive it better.. its not the car its you..

·
Registered
923 Posts
yeah should be able to do around a 13.6. I pulled a 13.69 in a conquest at 100.9mph, 2.0 60. 14.88 seems pretty ugly. I ran those when i was setting off my knock sensor.

·
Super Moderator
11,148 Posts
[email protected] is shit tires & track prep, or driving, or all three.

Driver mod for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts