Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get rid of my MK2 and get a newer car. I loved that thing, but I need something more reliable. Its been fun.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And may my 84 rest in pieces.....several of them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
threesixty said:
How many running MKII's do you have?
I had 2. My 82 was my daily driver. It was kinda beat on, but had a good engine and ran well....most of the time.
I had an 84, and the engine ran. It just didn't have a rear end or transmission, and a bad cam. Then my brother fucked his engine up in his 85, so I gave him that one. The body wasn't worth keeping, so I scrapped it.

I traded my 82 in for a new car, so that ones gone too. No more MK2's for me. :(

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
i know how you feel man imma bout to get rid of my
parts car ( my CoolBlue 83 MK2) its taking up too much space
and i already got all the parts i need from it for my
Black 85 mk2. so my blue supra will be meeting up your
84 in supra heaven :angel:

alright man keep it cool

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Malloy said:
You replaced the mk2 with a Cavalier? How do you feel about that choice?
To be totally honest, Happy. I had a lot of problems with my supra, cause it was 20 years old. I'd sank about $4500 into it, and it needed more. The paint was bad, it has a dent, rust, bad suspension, bad injectors....
I live quite a ways from the closest bus stop, and even farther from work, so I needed a more reliable car. So, I got a newer cavalier with a 48000 mile warranty. It doesn't go NEARLY as fast (had her in the 14's before she went to poop).
The cavalier I have looks good, and drives nice. And the gas milage is awesome.
I don't make a WHOLE lot of money where I currently work, so I needed the supra as a down payment.

BUT!!! I miss my supra. I'm going to save up around 7K, buy another MK2 with a straight body, and swap a 7mgte in there. So, I'll be back on the road with and even more powerful machine in the next year. Donations accepted.

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Thats cool.

I hear ya on the 7m plans :)

grankor said:

To be totally honest, Happy. I had a lot of problems with my supra, cause it was 20 years old. I'd sank about $4500 into it, and it needed more. The paint was bad, it has a dent, rust, bad suspension, bad injectors....
I live quite a ways from the closest bus stop, and even farther from work, so I needed a more reliable car. So, I got a newer cavalier with a 48000 mile warranty. It doesn't go NEARLY as fast (had her in the 14's before she went to poop).
The cavalier I have looks good, and drives nice. And the gas milage is awesome.
I don't make a WHOLE lot of money where I currently work, so I needed the supra as a down payment.

BUT!!! I miss my supra. I'm going to save up around 7K, buy another MK2 with a straight body, and swap a 7mgte in there. So, I'll be back on the road with and even more powerful machine in the next year. Donations accepted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts