Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I dynoed my Supra in a new dyno of a friend of mine.

I spoke with Justin N. before put the car to the dyno to know some tips cuz this is the first dyno in Panama!! :mad:

So he said dyno the car at 4 gear...

But we tried yesterday and 4 gear always spining the tires and shows only 450 at crank with the conversion from the rear wheels at 30psi.

Later on that we dynoed the car in 6 gear and showed 820 at crank with same 30psi.

But Justin said it can't dyno the car in a overdrive gear.

So basically I want to know if the numbers are true or not or if we have any conversion that we can do and get the correct amount of HP??

Thanks for help!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
No there is no way. Therefore, you need to sell me your car immediately - cheap lol.

I really don't have a good answer, but your are is great. Good luck with it.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Dyno it in 4th gear...if you are spinning the tires - it's strapped down incorrectly and that's the bottom line. I've never, ever spun at a shop with the car strapped down correctly.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll do it again and strapped down correctly.

Thanks you guys!!

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chnco said:
Just curious, are your TRD rear quarter panels widened more than TRD (extra wide?).
Is exactly the same wide as the TRD body.

Actually is a original TRD wide body kit!

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
blkdawg said:
what kind of gas do you run at 30psi?
I'm running always in my car 113 leaded octane!!

Thanks!!

·
60 footing
966 Posts
we had the same problem as urs, we ran the car in the 4th and it start to spin, and then we ran the car in the 5th gear and there wasent any loss
do it in the 5th gear cause its the nearest gear to the 1.1 ratio

1.6bar 4th gear 491
1.6bar 5th gear 640

·
T-Power
1,617 Posts
4th gear is what everybody use to dyno. Just make sure you strap it down properly and put the rear wheel back far on the roller.

like this car here...

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
blkdawg said:
btw, where do you get 113 leaded fuel in Panama?
I ordered from Sunoco!!!!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
We use 4 straps in the back also with the tires on the back of the rollers, like on the pic that blkdawg posted

Straps are like this: |X|

Do a 2 gear pull on the dyno (suave)and adjust the straps tight before beginning the actual runs.

·
Registered
855 Posts
For Ryan Woons car - myself and another big guy sit in the trunk for added traction on the dyno. Works everytime!

Jerry

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Jerry is right!:D Do what they did or like how Torque Freaks dynoed their car(7 People in the Supra), when straps don't help its time to bust out the humans!;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts