Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BLWRDR
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently swaping in a 2j in a lexus GS400. I have the motor tranny, harness, ecu. What else will I need. Im looking more into what should I do to modify the mounts or things to buy to swap the motor in.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
SupraMan1990 said:

Like you have been around much to know how much this topic was covered? :rolleyes:

Get off the "search" bandwagon.

kahlee,

I'd contact SP Engineering as they seem to have successfully swapped the 2jz in several GS's. Good luck and keep us updated on your project.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
I agree to what ::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: says, best bet is to call up SPE. The Lex that Mystic bought came out perfectly! Possibly have to modify the driveshaft as it is needed when doing a 2JZ swap into the SC300, IIRC.

:MySTiK:- if you are serious about what is written above your avatar...please don't let it happen!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
wow....u need a lot more stuff man....differential...axles....driveshaft...modify u tranny tunnel...plus why did u choose to do the swap in a 400....300 is easier..the mounts r the same in a 300!!.well good luck with the project!!

·
Super Moderator
10,210 Posts
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
Like you have been around much to know how much this topic was covered? :rolleyes:

Get off the "search" bandwagon.

kahlee,

I'd contact SP Engineering as they seem to have successfully swapped the 2jz in several GS's. Good luck and keep us updated on your project.
SP Engineering built the car Mystic owns. Was originally a GS 400 and the owner wanted "the baddest 4-door sedan on the planet". With 854 wheel, he came close to getting it. Anyway, the swap is more difficult than the GS 300 conversion, so you'd be ahead by contacting them (626-333-5398).

Ken.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
KenHenderson said:
SP Engineering built the car Mystic owns. Was originally a GS 400 and the owner wanted "the baddest 4-door sedan on the planet". With 854 wheel, he came close to getting it. Anyway, the swap is more difficult than the GS 300 conversion, so you'd be ahead by contacting them (626-333-5398).

Ken.
I was going to say the same thing.....anyways, this is a very expensive swap so you better know what you are getting into ;)

·
BLWRDR
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive done the SC, MKIII, Thought the MKIII was difficult but it was not impossible. it seems that the 400 is more of a challenge. Will def call SP... Oh yeah how about an MKII w/ a 2J. can make it fit. AEM did it back when.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
"I am currently swaping in a 2j in a lexus GS400. I have the motor tranny, harness, ecu. What else will I need. Im looking more into what should I do to modify the mounts or things to buy to swap the motor in. "

good to see that you have laid out detailed plans for your swap! Way to go.

"hey everyone, I have a bag of cement! what else do I need to build the great wall of china???"

·
BLWRDR
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
98mkiv said:
"I am currently swaping in a 2j in a lexus GS400. I have the motor tranny, harness, ecu. What else will I need. Im looking more into what should I do to modify the mounts or things to buy to swap the motor in. "

good to see that you have laid out detailed plans for your swap! Way to go.

"hey everyone, I have a bag of cement! what else do I need to build the great wall of china???"

:fawk:

If you have nothin informative to write STFU

1 - 15 of 15 Posts