Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good sound deadening spray? I have all the carpet/spare out of my trunk, and its REALLY loud now. I can hear way too much road noise.

Whats the best spray kind that they have available? And where can i get it/cost?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craig King said:
Are you set on sound deadening spray? What about dynomat?
Im looking for something cheap. And i would like for it to look almost factory, so thats the main reason i wanted the spray kind, so it gets in all the craks and conforms to the body panels.

·
Registered
730 Posts
if you want cheap...
go with aluminum backed peel & seal
its used by roofers for insulation but is the same stuff that dynamat is made from the same material, but thinner
the peel and seal i used in my car put next to a piece of dynamat extreme with the label stamped on the back would look identical
i did the entire car for about $40

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
I still can't even find peel and seal in my area (the IE) so anybody that knows the actual Home Depot or Lowes in the LA area that actually stocks the stuff please tell me so I can buy some...thanks

W

·
0 Posts
u can use the rubber undercoating at wal mart that sells for around $2.50 a can. i used it for my nephew's honda civic with significant loss of road noise...can per can versus dynamat...he saved a lot of money! we used about 10 cans to do the entire car...just be sure to allow dry time for it!

·
1,057 Posts
I used the spray by Dynamat in my Accord for the harder to reach places. I think it seems to work good but I can get messy when applying.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
You could try alternatives like second skin or quiet coat which go for much less then dynomat and apparently work better. I know the second skin guy if you need to get in touch with him.

As for sprays, they are not quite as effective as dynamat or it's alternatives. Mostly they are used to get into tough to reach areas such as behind the door panels. A combination of dynamat (or alternative) with spray will give you your best deadening.

Oh and if you can get in contact with a roofer then by all means use that stuff! Definetly the best way to go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts