Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering, how bad would it slow down your car performance if you add sound-deadning material in the truck and on the doors?

For example lets say you have a stock 94 Supra TT, which does 1-60 in 5sec and 1/4mile at 13sec flat without sound-deadning, with sound-deadning how much would it slow it down?

Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK put it this way, You would put a 100lbs. of sound deadening in your car if you were a SERIOUS competitor in SQ or SPL events. It is NOT as heavy as everyone says and now they have extremely light material that is not asphalt based. Talk to Tom Kenyon he can help.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I put about 60-80 pounds of sound deadening in my car. That includes the doors, rear inner fenders, under the rear seat, and the entire rear of the car including the hatch. It made a huge difference. I think it's questionable if you're doing a moderate stereo on a near stock car. You'll probably feel the weight a little, and it might not be worth the effort. If you've got more power, and a bigger stereo, I'd say go for it.. You could probably do a decent level of deadening for about 40 pounds. If you did the entire car, uncluding under the carpet, you're probably talking 80-100 pounds.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jsut do it... you wont notice the extra weight at all.. and your system will be much tighter and crisp.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by mkivsupra:
<STRONG>I think I put about 60-80 pounds of sound deadening in my car. That includes the doors, rear inner fenders, under the rear seat, and the entire rear of the car including the hatch. It made a huge difference. I think it's questionable if you're doing a moderate stereo on a near stock car. You'll probably feel the weight a little, and it might not be worth the effort. If you've got more power, and a bigger stereo, I'd say go for it.. You could probably do a decent level of deadening for about 40 pounds. If you did the entire car, uncluding under the carpet, you're probably talking 80-100 pounds.</STRONG>
checked your page bro.. nice dawg!..could i say "perfect engine mods" the T66 is my fav turbo for the Supra, and nice system!.. dang those mac amps are well worth it

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot for the responses, and yes i am going to compete probably depends on the $$ first comes the car and mods than comes the stero

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
instead of spending a few hundred dollars on dynamat go to home depot and buy some ice n water sheild for roofing, its cost $30 for about a 3' by 100' ft, then u can sell the rest to someone else for like 50$ for 20ft of it and make money out of it, well thats what i did at least

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
If you want the asphalt stuff, MCM electronics sells it without the Dynamat name really cheap. Just do a search for their web site. Dynamat is seriously overpriced. If you are willing to spend, then there are some high tech light weight products out there as well. I've also using cascades paste on product. VB2 I think. Paste it on and it dries like a rock. Comes in a spray also but the spray is a lot more expensive than the bucket stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts