Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a xplod 12" 1300w sub and matching 1200w amp. My sub is in a carpeted box and i want the ability to take it all out with a small amount of work when I go to the strip etc.

So my question is:

Is it a bad idea to mount the amp directly on the sub box itself? I am aware amps are made to sustain vibration and I will be rubber mounting it... but will it be ok if it is this close?

Thanks in advance

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
I've got a xplod 12" 1300w sub and matching 1200w amp. My sub is in a carpeted box and i want the ability to take it all out with a small amount of work when I go to the strip etc.

So my question is:

Is it a bad idea to mount the amp directly on the sub box itself? I am aware amps are made to sustain vibration and I will be rubber mounting it... but will it be ok if it is this close?

Thanks in advance
Yeah try to mount your amp in a ventilated, moving air area.

· Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, but i'd just rather not replace it if i can help it. I just want something that sounds half decent and i can remove it in 5 minutes or less.

I think car audio is more expensive up here in igloo country. Sub and amp alone were about 350$ a year ago.

· mach chicken
3,878 Posts
as with anything you get what you pay got, audio can go to extremes. You have some decent equipment up there, pretty sure mbq and dynaudio are easy to get there.

im glad im out of all that now, insane time and money spent in it all.

· Registered
196 Posts
I have use to have 2 12" jl audio w3 with a 1000w amp pushing them and the amp was mounted on the back of a bandpass box and it never quit working, had it for over 3 years. But like said before, make sure it is ventilated so it wont heat up to much. Amps dont like heat. 350 for a sub and amp is pretty cheap, now I have a jl w7 and jl amp I paid 1000 for both...So you got it good...lol..I dont really like sony electronics, but they get the job done, you should be ok with it mounted on the box itself. I know this might stupid :facesjump but you can try to mount some dynamat in between the box and the amp if you want, I dont know if it will help but just a suggestion..

· Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I know very well that my stuff is el-cheapo aha i'm not a big car audio guy. I need to hear the engine at all times :p

Dynamat would certainly help. I think I'll rubber mount it to a piece of aluminum plate (that may act as a vibration baffle) and mount the aluminum to the box with a piece of dynamat or something similar between the aluminum and the box..

Not sure how i'm going to mount the box to the car itself but i'll figure that out when the time comes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.