Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the SP70 w/ .81ar, after runnign the SP63 .81ar for 6 months...

Let me tell you, taht SP has never let me down.. Larry has a great thing going over there...

Even though the turbo makes full boost at like 4300 it has more than plently of prespool boost...
I was crusing at about 80mph/3000rpm last night and i stuffed the throttle in 6th gear, and before i knew it there was 7psi and it felt unbelievable.... I was amazed..

Off the line its not to shabby, Like i mentioned it doesnt make full boost until 4300 but it has plently of boost before the bulk...

More tests to come, and a dyno next week...

Larry and the guys at SP keep up the good work.. I see a future for this turbo!

-AL
'98 SP70
(10.81 @ 135mph on SP63)

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Sounds awesome Al! I am still smiling from my low boost ride in your SP-63. I wouldn't mind picking your brain about fuel systems in the near future, by the way. :)

Steve T.

B

·
0 Posts
Come Al.............tell us if felt significantly stronger then the 63 at similar boost levels???
How much did you turn it up?

I guess the best most important question is "Are gonna keep it?"

Did it slip right in?

S

·
0 Posts
Al98t said:
Just installed the SP70 w/ .81ar, after runnign the SP63 .81ar for 6 months...

Let me tell you, taht SP has never let me down.. Larry has a great thing going over there...

Even though the turbo makes full boost at like 4300 it has more than plently of prespool boost...
I was crusing at about 80mph/3000rpm last night and i stuffed the throttle in 6th gear, and before i knew it there was 7psi and it felt unbelievable.... I was amazed..

Off the line its not to shabby, Like i mentioned it doesnt make full boost until 4300 but it has plently of boost before the bulk...

Larry and the guys at SP keep up the good work.. I see a future for this turbo!

-AL
'98 SP70
(10.81 @ 135mph on SP63)
How can a turbo with a 70mm compressor wheel make full boost at 4300rpm? :confused:

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Re: Re: Sound-Performance SP70 1st impressions

Supreme said:

How can a turbo with a 70mm compressor wheel make full boost at 4300rpm? :confused:

Yeah!! The world wants to know :)

Al has the same turbo that Marko has been tryingout for me and ran the 10.0 on drag radials. Marko said the turbo feels almost as lag free as the 63 but makes 100-150 more hp. I dont believe him, not possible!! It is actually a new compressor wheel that my turbo builder designed, looks promising so far.

Lar
SP

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Sound-Performance SP70 1st impressions

Sound Performance said:

Yeah!! The world wants to know :)

Al has the same turbo that Marko has been tryingout for me and ran the 10.0 on drag radials. Marko said the turbo feels almost as lag free as the 63 but makes 100-150 more hp. I dont believe him, not possible!! It is actually a new compressor wheel that my turbo builder designed, looks promising so far.

Lar
SP
So I guess this would make the turbo I was getting ready to order very soon, the SP-66, a bad choice??? By that I mean why choose the SP-66, when the 70 makes more power with less lag. (which I would say is pretty groundbreaking).

Can this new compressor wheel be applied to the SP-66 as well?

The world certainly wants to know more about the SP-70...:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
iWISHihadaSUPRA said:
is having an sp 70 safe as daily driven??
Are you just going around to everythread about uprgraded turbos and askin if they are good for a daily driver? It is a very opiniated question... some people love a T88 and think it is very streetable (example: Jesus) and then there are other people who can't stand 60mm turbos.

-Amir

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
element217 said:

No. Its not safe. As a matter of fact having a Supra in general is not safe, so you might want to look at Hondas again, as they are a much safer car for kids.

stephen
hahaha - damn, good to see this....the forums were getting too "nice" there for awhile.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Philly Single said:

hahaha - damn, good to see this....the forums were getting too "nice" there for awhile.

:D

The truth hurts. I have a 63 on mine and my roommate has a 57 and unless you have some sort of experience in driving, I would not suggest a single or a Supra. 670 rwhp in a rear wheel drive car gets a little sketchy sometimes.;)

YOU know what I am talking about Philly Single!!!!!!!:)

stephen

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hell ive had my BPU Supra get a little sketchy before... Basically, I cant wait to go single... damn supras anyway... once you get it you just cant leave it alone.. you always want a little more.. or maybe thats just me :D

God I love my car :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
element217 said:

No. Its not safe. As a matter of fact having a Supra in general is not safe, so you might want to look at Hondas again, as they are a much safer car for kids.

stephen
Give 'em hell Stephen. <grin>

-m

S

·
0 Posts
Al98t said:

-AL
'98 SP70
(10.81 @ 135mph on SP63)
Hey Al, it's been a week. The world is still patiently waiting to see where a turbo this size make full boost on the dyno.:) Let's see some numbers man. Put that thing on a dyno and post the results.

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finnally got my lazy ass to the dyno...

Results on this SP70 were amazing..

460rwhp @ 11-12psi
557rwhp @ 20-21psi
694rwhp @ 627ft/lbs tq. with 30+ boost

all on C12 VP fuel. (112 octane)

The car performed like it never has before..

As for the motor it is Stock.. "Stocm cam's.. etc, etc.."
I think my weakest link now is the little HKS TYPE-S FMIC
and maybe i should get a set of some 264 cam's..

Once again, Special thanks goes out to Larry and his crew at Sound-Performance.Com great job fella's

Dyno charts sooon to follow

-AL
'98 SP70
10.81 @ 135 on the 625rwhp SP63 turbo

Q

·
0 Posts
Al,

Congrats on the great numbers!

Just for my own comparison, how much rwhp did the car make at 4500rpm in SAE correction?

Thanks.

Shalin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts