Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending the last 2 days at the shop I figured I'd give a quick update on our project for the Lexus. As most know I bent 4-5 rods last year at the track in sept. calling the end of the season for me ;) We spent the next couple of weeks Trying to figure out what setup we were going to do, Larry to the rescue! How about a custom SP stroker motor??? ummmmmm, OK!

I am not at liberty to give out specs, etc.. I'll leave that to larry if he cares to disclose.

Of course, also thank you to Jerry and the rest of the guys for putting up with my presence ;)

The motor is nearing completion and we'll have the head, cams, etc.. on late this week. Hoping to get the motor back into the car over the next 2 weeks. We still have lots of little stuff to do but I was too excited to not post any progress.

On with some pics
Billet mains

L19 head studs, yum!

This is a custom SP mod that is supposed to add 10hp per cyl

More details to come on my setup

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I know which one Larry wrote. He really does love men.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
WOW AMAZING!!! Damn looks like 9's aren't enough! Is this a 3.4 L as well as the others? What numbers are expected? Good luck and I can't wait to see what it runs!
-Justin

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
damn chris i was wondering why i haven't seen vids of you lowering ur record and what not. can't wait to see how ur car does with the new set up. i'm sure larry already has his new sig planned out "i built the first 8 second 6-speed sc300" hehe.

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
basupra said:
Now where o' where did you ever come up with that stroker idea?? :scratch: :faint:

Tim
oops, I forgot to add one trouble maker to that list above........ YOU! ;) Now you need to do the "other" idea we discussed when you were up here :naughty:

apx632, yeah, I've just been laying low for a bit :) Hope to come out strong at the track this year.

Chris

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swearitsstock said:
im guessing you guys wrote that after i left?

btw... thanks larry for fitting me in today... car is running amazing!
(i also fixed the leak.. you were right, 2nd oil feed line)
Yeah Jon, they got artistic after you left :)

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
importtuner said:
WOW AMAZING!!! Damn looks like 9's aren't enough! Is this a 3.4 L as well as the others? What numbers are expected? Good luck and I can't wait to see what it runs!
-Justin
Justin, it's smaller than a 3.4.

This will be the setup for the time being

SP Stroker motor
ProGram billet mains
SP race header
gt47-80mm ( for now)
SP race intake
1600cc injectors
3 walbro's
tial gate
built head ( custom cams, ferrea springs, +1mm valves)

We're shooting for 1100+rwhp on boost

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Nice, its about time I get to see this work-in-progress. I was anxiously awaiting this to get done....

DP

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
holy carp!!!

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
$7990 vs $7999???????????????????????????????/////

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Congrats Chris :) Obviously, I need to step up my game before the chi-town meet!

Jay

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
Jim Swantko said:
$7990 vs $7999???????????????????????????????/////

HKS strokers are $7999 plus you need bearings, an oil pump, assembly and all the machining..... which will put you at about 11-12K and that is with stock main caps.

I am thinking that I can do these for $6500 assembled with pump, clevite H bearings, etc.!! You just send me your block!! Billet main caps would add about 12-1300 to the cost.

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Sound Performance said:
HKS strokers are $7999 plus you need bearings, an oil pump, assembly and all the machining..... which will put you at about 11-12K and that is with stock main caps.

I am thinking that I can do these for $6500 assembled with pump, clevite H bearings, etc.!! You just send me your block!! Billet main caps would add about 12-1300 to the cost.

WOW!

Thats the cost of some built stock displacement engines....................Now lets see the output in Chris's car for the total outlook on this.

DP

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Awesome :drool: Can't wait to see what the finished results turn up!

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Congrats man, I know you were telling me on AIM and I was also talking to Tim as well when I was down in Chicago..............glad to see you finally are showing it off to the public!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts