Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok larry i know your reading this now !

my question is this what is the difference between the SP
does the sp66 spool up much slower than the sp63 if so by how much ??
im was looking to get the sp63 with 68 a/r

but now looking closely at the sp66
im looking for around 525rwhp with a little room to grow with!

q trim p trim whats the difference???

·
0 Posts
Ranger,

if you're only looking to get around 525 RWHP, but still want room to grown, get the sp63 with the .70 housing. My car (auto) made 566 RWHP at about 26 psi. The turbo was still making power at my raised 7700 rpm redline, and I don't have a front mount intercooler, either. It's a great turbo.

You can always bump the exhaust housing up to a .81 if you need more power than that. I had the .58 housing on there to begin with and it made 513 RWHP at only about 24 psi and it spooled INSANELY fast. I think the SP63 is phenominal. Just change out the exhaust housings as your need for power increases.

Mark

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info sometimes the small things are over looked ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Dude, get the 57. You want 525? I got that at 1.4bar. Add a little more boost and you'll get more power. My car'll be back soon and I plan on running ~1.6bar to see what it'll do. All I want is ~600rwhp and I think the 57 can probly get real close. There's no reason to have a turbo capable of making more power than your car can support. I've got 720's waiting to go into my car so once I hit the limit of the stock fuel I'll have something else to go in it. Good luck, email me for more pep talks about small turbos

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Get a T78 and save yourself some cash. Everyone here agrees that GREDDY has some great products including their turbo kits. You can use the T78 with a stock fuel system and maybe a stock intercooler. You can't beat $3500...

·
3,463 Posts
You'd be hard pressed using a T78 with stock fuel. . .

VETKILR said:
Get a T78 and save yourself some cash. Everyone here agrees that GREDDY has some great products including their turbo kits. You can use the T78 with a stock fuel system and maybe a stock intercooler. You can't beat $3500...

N

·
0 Posts
shervin said:
What's the lag like on a Greddy T78 w/ stock fuel? Any dyno sheets?
Shervin,
Forget about it.......

No one in their right mind would suggest a t78 on stock fuel or they just dont know what they are talking about. If you want to blow your engine up then go ahead.

take care,
nils

·
Registered
229 Posts
You could run a T78 on stock fuel, but it would be stupid because you would make 525 at ~20 PSI. Why would you want to buy such a big turbo for a lower HP application. Get the SP57 or SP60 cause they will both support that on stock fuel.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
i and many others have ran t78 on stock fuel for awhile with no problems. i wouldnt get the t78 unless you sometime plan on getting an upgraded fuel system though. the t78 is just a tad bigger then a rps or sp 66. as long as you arent stupid and do any long pulls u should be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts