Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my sound system with a aftermarket oen and all and when i take off the faceplate of the alpine receiver my car makes a turbo sounding whine as i rev it up... wtf is up with that? Its kinda cool and all, but i wanna make sure im not screwing anything up.

Rob~

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
your getting interference...is the ground ok? what kind of wires did you use? ask this in the car stereo forum... they will be able to help for sure.

edit: you shouldn't have any need to worry, unless you start to really hate that noise.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your in need of a noise suppressor. It cost like $15.00 a lot of shops install stereo system and don't put them in unless requested. Anyway enjoy the turbo. haha
Craig

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Invest in some good quality wires...................like Monster Cable.
I use the xln interconnects and never have any noise. Also, I think a capacitor helps, although I didn't notice any hum or other noises before I installed my cap.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
noise suppressors don't work well... everytime i tried one of those, it never worked... in my opinion, i think they are a waste of money.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THat has happened to me too. It's all good

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well for one they are all monster cables I believe. Also its not very loud i was just worried i might have screwed something up. Also its only when the face plate is off so... since that never is except when i have my parents in the car hehe then its ok. But thanks for all the help. You said make sure everything is grounded... well if everything isnt grounded well should it create a problem with the sounds of the speakers or just that little whine? thanks!

Rob~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts