Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody run this that can share experiences?

Thanks ahead,

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Do not even waste yrou money. Friend had one....it lasted like 5 times at track before it slipped. Wste of money and time. It may work...but it doesnt seem to hold too much power. Get a Wotm.co (az) clutch with rps pressure pate, stock flywheel and his disk. Best combo out there that will hold any power you throw at it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silver Bullet said:
Do not even waste yrou money. Friend had one....it lasted like 5 times at track before it slipped. Wste of money and time. It may work...but it doesnt seem to hold too much power. Get a Wotm.co (az) clutch with rps pressure pate, stock flywheel and his disk. Best combo out there that will hold any power you throw at it.
Silver Bullet,

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention my car is BPU and soon to be BPU++ & possibly in the future a small (61) to med (63-67) single, I don't drag race & very ocationally street race, and when single will not be looking at more than 600 rwhp on ocasions when I'm running race gas. This is my daily driver and will not be using the power that often. I'm trying to find a clutch that is as close as stock as possible that doesn't cost an arm & leg & can hold the mentioned power. Any other suggestions?

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
I run the sbc dual friction disc, the sbc pressure plate, and a lightweight flywheel. I used this set up at bpu+++ and still use it with my pt63 running 1.8 bar + nitrous. I haven't had it slip on me at all. I love this set up because it drives almost like stock. I've had the wotm disc, and while it does hold the power and take the abuse, it wasn't traffic friendly in my opinion. If I was a serious drag racer, I would probably still be using it tho. The sbc set up is mild enough that my wife can drive it, but it will still hold the power of a small to mid sized single turbo.

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
I am telling you....just installed Ryans new AZ clutch. It is butter IMHO. Best single disk clutch out there that can hold any power you throw at it. Trust me. AT any power level low r big , it has been the best clutch i have come across. And you cant beat the price. Once again just my .02 and 4 years of experiences and ALOT of clutches.

Tony

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
silver bullet- isnt the Az clutch an on/off clutch and isnt great for the street? would you recommand the az clutch with rps pp and stock FW for street driving and may be once or twice at the track an year?

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Psykotic Ryder: The wotm.com clutch is no where near an on/off clutch as some would have you believe. It is extremely smooth with just a light chatter when taking off. The trick is you just have to rev it up a little when taking off and it is a smooth as butter. I daily drive my car and i would not have an on/off switch. An on/off switch clutch is a hks twin disk, triple disk etc. Once people try those...and come back to the wotm clutch they will know the difference ...believe me. I have had a rps stage one, stock, hks twin, original wotm and now the new one....and this one is by far the best. I am running stock flywheel, rps pressure plate and the wotm disk. Nothing fancy....and it gets teh job done whether it be just driving around or doing 31 psi launches. It can handle anything. Not sure what cluthces you are used to so it may take you a few times to get used to it....i mean pedal pressure is somewhat hard and it definitely is a bitey clutch.....but once you get used to it it is smooth as anything. ANd you cant beat the price. Everyone goes through these clutch debate threads...and there is really no need.....this one is by far teh best because it covers every area people want. Not just a specific area.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
only clutch I'm used to is a slipping stock clutch(at least that's what i think my car has right now).

So simply, you would choose the wotm clutch over the HPF? do you still get chatter even with a stock fw?

lastly, does msp do work on ur car? I'm planning to bring my car down as soon as i get free time from work to get my car worked on there.

Silver Bullet said:
Psykotic Ryder: The wotm.com clutch is no where near an on/off clutch as some would have you believe. It is extremely smooth with just a light chatter when taking off. The trick is you just have to rev it up a little when taking off and it is a smooth as butter. I daily drive my car and i would not have an on/off switch. An on/off switch clutch is a hks twin disk, triple disk etc. Once people try those...and come back to the wotm clutch they will know the difference ...believe me. I have had a rps stage one, stock, hks twin, original wotm and now the new one....and this one is by far the best. I am running stock flywheel, rps pressure plate and the wotm disk. Nothing fancy....and it gets teh job done whether it be just driving around or doing 31 psi launches. It can handle anything. Not sure what cluthces you are used to so it may take you a few times to get used to it....i mean pedal pressure is somewhat hard and it definitely is a bitey clutch.....but once you get used to it it is smooth as anything. ANd you cant beat the price. Everyone goes through these clutch debate threads...and there is really no need.....this one is by far teh best because it covers every area people want. Not just a specific area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts