Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any one using this turbo is a 6 speed with stock fuel system?How this turbo compare with the SP 57.I understand that the SP 57 are the same as SP60 except with a reduced exhaust turbine wheel.which one will peform better in a 6 speed in term of spool and HP??

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
My old car (1993 hardtop) had that same combination. An SP60 (.58 A/R) on the stock fuel system. It made 506.3 rwhp at 24 psi on 100 octane unleaded. The new owner of that car is Supraforums member V8THIS.

The turbo spooled up quickly enough for me, and the top end was definitely strong by BPU standards (meaning much more so), but it is a smallish turbo by single turbo standards overall. It is also probably the largest turbo you'll want to run on a stock fuel system, and that turbo is definitely capable of outflowing the stock system so you have to be careful. I definitely enjoyed the combination though! :)

Steve T.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve's car really didnt make too much power on that much boost. My car made 506rwhp on 1.4Kg/cm2(20.5psi) on 93 octane, it made 525rwhp on 1.46Kg/cm2(21.4psi) and 100 octane. On both numbers my air fuel was in the mid-high 11's. I'm not saying steve's car was weak but higher #'s have been made with similar/the same turbo.

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
Brad Mayo said:
Steve's car really didnt make too much power on that much boost. My car made 506rwhp on 1.4Kg/cm2(20.5psi) on 93 octane, it made 525rwhp on 1.46Kg/cm2(21.4psi) and 100 octane. On both numbers my air fuel was in the mid-high 11's. I'm not saying steve's car was weak but higher #'s have been made with similar/the same turbo.
I might be wrong...but I think Steve's HP #s were with the cats on.

Scott

Peace

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brad,
Did you have a upgraded fuel pump and the Fuel Pressure Pulsation Dampener Bypass on your setup?

Brad Mayo said:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt touch a thing on the fuel. Just bolted on what Larry sent me and pushed buttons on the dyno.....

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
what turbo do you think i should go with (im going to be on stock fuel and stock intercooler for about 2 months )i have everything else except the turbo! should i go with the
sp57 or sp60 with (.58 A/R) or sp63 with .70 a/r

brad what a/r does your sp57 have ???

thaNKS FOR THIS INFO GUYS!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iF it is stock IC and fuel system,I belive you should get the SP57,And I understand that all SP 57 are with A/R.58

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
My old car probably had various other issues, so I don't doubt this a bit. It was probably a poor showing for the SP-60 (.58 A/R) but it's all I have to go off since it is what my car actually did. That car ended up with a brand new short block due to various problems...I have no problem believing the turbo is capable of much more power than I made with it. Brad's is probably more typical of what you'd see on a healthy MKIV. :)

Steve T.

Brad Mayo said:

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Nope...my numbers were made without cats on the car. Like I said, there were probably other issues contributing to the less than stellar (although I was still impressed!) results. :)

Steve T.

Scott In Vegas said:

I might be wrong...but I think Steve's HP #s were with the cats on.

Scott

Peace

1 - 11 of 11 Posts