Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin for another turbo that will outperform the TS04 I currently have. What's the max power out of both of these turbos? Max trap speeds/ets? I plan on keeping stock fuel for a lil while and would like to know which turbo would be more comfortable.

TS04 .70 a/r 489.7rwhp 497rwtq @ 1.5 bar
101 octane

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
call Larry at SP. He can guide you the right way. It sounds to me like the sp57 is the way to go. The sp60 can work but you risk running too high boost for the stock fuel system. I think Steve T can attest to this.

Jeff

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gunna throw in a Walbro pump, bump up the voltage to the injectors and tap the stock fuel rail for a new FPR. See what we can really do with the stock fuel system :D

Another good idea from Phil!!

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a dyno sheet by any chance? I wanna try and compare it with my TS04.

PS: Weren't you selling the SP-60 not too long ago, or did you decide to keep it?

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
chnco said:
Got a dyno sheet by any chance? I wanna try and compare it with my TS04.

PS: Weren't you selling the SP-60 not too long ago, or did you decide to keep it?
Here is a sheet at my 3rd highest boost setting, about 20 psi. The SP60 has been sold. I have a SP63 now.

W

·
0 Posts
chnco - No one has had a 57 in long enough to really tweak the sucker. We're working on it, though! :)

My car (SP57 on stock fuel) dyno'd consistently around 475-480RWHP at 17.5PSI with fuel problems (ECU kept wanting to go lean) without a fuel controller. After putting in a GCC, it feels a lot smoother on the big end now, and hopefully is a little more dialed in - will try to get back to the dyno soon. At 18PSI, I've twice run down the 1/4 bouncing off the limiter in 4th right before and all the way through the traps (124.53 and 124.55MPH). At ~15PSI, the car dyno'd 448RWHP/433RWTQ with good A/F's.

Dyno sheets from some of the 17.5PSI runs with fuel problems can be seen at http://pete.waterman.net/single/18PSIdyno.jpg - pictures of the install and some old timeslips at http://pete.waterman.net/single.

It has a LOT more in it, on the dyno it didn't make boost as fast as on the street under more load, and one run with more boost (~24PSI) showed ~410RWHP/~530RWTQ by 4200RPM before letting off (going too lean without that fuel controller).

In theory, the SP60 will probably make 2-5RWHP more depending on boost, and spool a little slower. At higher boost (20+PSI) it will probably make this gap a fair amount larger. It probably spools a couple hundred RPM slower. (they both have the same size compressor wheel, but the 57 has a smaller exhaust wheel)

For more info on the 57, do a quick search in the General Forum for my thread titled "SP57 First Impressions" - more details than you can shake a stick at. ;)

-Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts