Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now that i have your attention ..i was wondeing i have decided on the sp60

my question is im looking for fast spool but not to to early .think the sp57 spools a little to fast !

well im keeping stock intercooler and fuel for a few weeks so ill be running stock for a while ...
im looking for 480-500 rwhp with the posablity for more ahead 525-560rwhp !

now should i get the sp60 with .58 a/r or a sp60 with .70a/r what will be the difference in the two?

i will be getting a hks type s fmic in a few weks then mabe fuel a few weeks later!

many thanks for the input ..again i needed to get your attention

·
Registered
763 Posts
Since you will only be running without an upgraded fuel system for a few weeks or a few months I would go ahead and get a .70 s/r housing. Why bother with spending the extra time and money to switch housings?

Your car will spool a little slower with the .70 a/r huosing and make a little more power.

-pete

C

·
0 Posts
I've had both the .58 and .70. The .58 had problems with boost creep, and didn't seem to be smooth at all. The .58 had some kind of problem with it so I sent it to SP and they replaced it with (my specified) .70. The .70, IMO, is a lot better. No problems with creep at all.

ALSO, the .70 spools plenty fast, so that shouldn't be an issue.

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
carcnoid & magic many thanks ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
ALRIGHT, here is MY take on it, since I think you asked in an earlier post.

1. FMIC
2. Upgraded fuel system
3. Single turbo kit (SP57 w .81 AR)

If youa re only talking about a few weeks time, then just wait for EVERYTHING at the same time. You are ONLY talking a few weeks and it is alot easier to do it all at the same time. When I did my car, I did fuel, single, and nitrous all at the same time. It was alot easier to do it this way since the car was not continually going down, though it is down now. Good luck with your decision!!

stephen

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
element217

what are your numbers (dyno) with out nos with the sp57 a /r .81

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a 63 with an .81AR.

Brad has a 57 with a .58 AR and he put down at 1.4 bar on pump gas(93) 506rwhp and on race gas(110) 525rwhp. He really tweaked alot of things to get this, and it is on stock fuel with a front mount intercooler. I can honestly say that I think you would be REALLY happy with this turbo if you want something that puts out more power yet still has that fun feeling without spray.

My 63 with an .81 AR is fun also, but I would not go with it unless you have fuel to support it. My car still needs quite a bit of fine tuning, but it will be getting some new things this winter and then I will deal with the fine tuning of it.

Hope this helped.

stephen

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but you did not answer my question ..what can i expect to gain and loose with a let say sp57 with a a/r.70 or 81 compared to a sp57 with an a/r .58

B

·
0 Posts
Well, there really is no point to get anything other than the SP57 with the .58............With that turbo you can max out your stock fuel system. The trick to it is finding a turbo that maxes out at the same time as the stock fuel. There is no reason to get a turbo that is able to make 600+rwhp and use stock fuel to only get ~500rwhp out of it. The only reason to do that is if you were planning on doin fuel very soon after and werent able to upgrade as easily as with the SP kits. If you got an SP57 with a bigger A/R you would be gaining top end power and losing spool time. Since the 57 with the .58 is able to make more than enough power getting a bigger A/R is only gonna take off a little spool time and give you no more power because it is already limited by the stock fuel system.

I'll be upgrading my fuel system soon and will be able to see just what the SP57 maxes out at. I'm shooting for around ~600rwhp and I might have to get a bigger A/R to get there but we'll see. I am planning on staying with the SP57. I might just add a little blue bottle to play with if something is getting the better of me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts